Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 06:43 AM

4,139 posts, read 11,492,423 times

Advertisements

It is all in who your circle of friends is. DH worked in entertainment for 16 years and his circle was SO vastly different from mine.

I worked as a teacher in LAUSD in the inner-city for 16 years. An entirely different world. I loved it!

LA can be anything you want it to be. You just have to find your nitche.

We are from CA and I miss it terribly. We moved 2 years ago and DH won't move back EVER. Something about moving from our 1400 sq. ft. house to a 4200 sq. ft. house for less than 1/2 the price.

Dawn

Old 05-21-2007, 11:08 AM

723 posts, read 2,999,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairweathergolfer View Post
Did I miss something did someone's post get snagged on this thread? Or are you saying if you digress it will get deleted. Maybe you are avoiding, me thinks . I swear I read you were married! Now I am really confused. So are you male or female or are you single or married? Are you pleading the fifth on this one you . . . you . . . uh, man, woman . . . LOL. Crazy thread tonight. It's makin' me laugh.

Heck maybe I should play around with my gender on this forum. How fun. Heck some people come up with all the good ideas.
No. I got a post deleted because I called out an ignorant person, who shot off a one liner.

NOTE: I did NOT mention to whom I was referring to as the ignorant POS, but you [Sage of Sagle] will probably edit or delete this anyway.

By the way, I am a single guy, and have never posted anything otherwise in all of my threads.

Old 05-21-2007, 11:19 AM

5,835 posts, read 5,204,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairweathergolfer View Post
Did I miss something did someone's post get snagged on this thread? Or are you saying if you digress it will get deleted. Maybe you are avoiding, me thinks . I swear I read you were married! Now I am really confused. So are you male or female or are you single or married? Are you pleading the fifth on this one you . . . you . . . uh, man, woman . . . LOL. Crazy thread tonight. It's makin' me laugh.

Heck maybe I should play around with my gender on this forum. How fun. Heck some people come up with all the good ideas.
The confusion to me was on the "Better Think Twice" thread in the L.A. forums where "JackSparrow" posted a picture of what looked like a woman on a big rig. Doesn't it look like a woman to you? Hope I don't get a point deleted for being observant.

Old 05-21-2007, 11:29 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,102,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puffle View Post
The confusion to me was on the "Better Think Twice" thread in the L.A. forums where "JackSparrow" posted a picture of what looked like a woman on a big rig. Doesn't it look like a woman to you? Hope I don't get a point deleted for being observant.
What confusion???? The picture he posted, looks like a guy to me. It was pretty funny too.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:07 PM

5,835 posts, read 5,204,833 times
Default confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
What confusion???? The picture he posted, looks like a guy to me. It was pretty funny too.
If my eyes deceived me I apologize.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:09 PM

No apologizes needed.

Old 05-21-2007, 01:04 PM

642 posts, read 3,073,179 times
Okay moving over momentarly to Better Think Twice thread . Sorry I missed your missive. I hate when I see a post has been deleted and I missed the juice. LOL. Okay, now that we all know your, uh, standing , (not that it was EVER fully in question . . . ) back to phony and pretentious.

One thing I have found in the entertainment industry, although when it comes to crew etc and even stars, talent, there are some good decent people, but there are also many that seem to have some serious mental problems that cause them to be either phony or pretentious, such as blantant narcisissm, untreated bi-polar, or some sort of schzoid personality that doesn't fully allow them to form long term deeper relationships (not to mention eating disorders, drug or alcohol addiction that keeps them inaccessible and putting on facades of pretense to keep it together and people distant). This town draws that sort to it and some times nurtures that sort of behavior just for protection. It can even stimulate some of those addictions. Many other places these same folks would stand out like a sore thumb, here it can at times be par for the course, speaking of golf--earlier.

So in that way, I can see why there may be more of it around. I think in large urban areas where you find some very 'successful' (by Hollywood/Donald Trump standards) people you also find a lot of game playing and personality disordered individuals. But per capita, I am unsure in the end that exceeds any other town in America. HMMMM maybe another City-Data factoid. In a small town you may see narcisissists operating as mothers instead of agents or producers. Give me an agent narcisissist any day as opposed to a pretentious, phony mother who stunts the life of a beautiful spirited child. Unfortunately these same people breed in Hollywood as well so I guess it hits both ends here.

I just think it is more blantant here. Other places people hide behind more subtle or not so subtle facades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSparrow View Post
No. I got a post deleted because I called out an ignorant person, who shot off a one liner.

NOTE: I did NOT mention to whom I was referring to as the ignorant POS, but you [Sage of Sagle] will probably edit or delete this anyway.

By the way, I am a single guy, and have never posted anything otherwise in all of my threads.

Last edited by fairweathergolfer; 05-21-2007 at 01:12 PM..

Old 05-21-2007, 01:11 PM

Fairweather,

I don't know about any posts being deleted. I missed all that. But on the " Better Think Twice" thread, start on the last page, page "5". It starts with Charles and go all the way down.

As far as being pretentious, I know I said I may be a little bit pretentious but I'm actually thinking now that I might be a lot.

Old 05-21-2007, 01:31 PM

642 posts, read 3,073,179 times
LOL!!!! My husband and closest friends tell me I'm a snob. So who am I to think this is a negative ? But you're a hilarious pretentious . . . a completely different beast . . . You know the kind everyone wants to hang out with.

Oh yeah, thanks for the tip . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
Fairweather,

I don't know about any posts being deleted. I missed all that. But on the " Better Think Twice" thread, start on the last page, page "5". It starts with Charles and go all the way down.

As far as being pretentious, I know I said I may be a little bit pretentious but I'm actually thinking now that I might be a lot.

Old 05-21-2007, 03:05 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,840,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSparrow View Post

If you post something in a thread that is irrelevant and even (as a one-liner) is a trolling remark, it could get deleted. Feel free to re-read this site's TOS in case you're not sure of the rules.

JackSparrow, I hope you can get over yourself. We mods don't make a point of squashing your freedom of expression (although this is a private forum and "free speech" is not guaranteed, although we try to allow threads to run mostly unmoderated unless posts are reported). In this instance we received a reported post, I looked at it, looked at the thread for contextual comparison, and took appropriate action. Don't get all whiny about it. Please move on and you're unlikely to have any future posts deleted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles