Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 11:37 AM

2,322 posts, read 2,991,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
What do you think the worst in LA county is?
Florence-Firestone is pretty rough. I would say rougher than Compton at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2016, 08:57 PM

29,511 posts, read 22,636,772 times
This was from last year but Compton has one of the worst unsolved homicide rates around.

This is the most dangerous place for homicides in Los Angeles County

Old 02-17-2016, 02:45 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,667,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamills21 View Post
Florence-Firestone is pretty rough. I would say rougher than Compton at this point.
Really? Most of it seems alright..

Old 02-26-2016, 10:00 PM

64 posts, read 91,990 times
It's actually a lovely neighborhood, but it's full of criminal elements.

It kind of shows you why California sucks. Either rich white people from all over the country raise the prices to astronomical levels (Carmel), or the criminal elements move in and take it over. No room for the middle class.

Old 02-26-2016, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicOne View Post
It kind of shows you why California sucks. Either white people from all over the country raise the prices to astronomical levels (Carmel), or the criminal elements move in and take it over. No room for the middle class.
That can be said for a whole lot of places...

Last edited by owl6969; 02-26-2016 at 10:28 PM..

Old 02-26-2016, 10:26 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,208,754 times
Compton and Long Beach area was not as bad as east Baltimore in the early 70s. Not as bad in terms of emergency admissions. I think this area became worse in the 80s?

Old 02-26-2016, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDocKat View Post
Compton and Long Beach area was not as bad as east Baltimore in the early 70s. Not as bad in terms of emergency admissions. I think this area became worse in the 80s?
Yes crack epidemic eras....

Old 12-26-2017, 06:11 PM

2 posts, read 1,670 times
I'm from the worst "ghettoes" of East Helsinki and SC, Compton and Lynwood honestly scared the **** out of me as I was cruising through the hoods at daytime. However, they are not that bad according to the associated statistics and I've understood that the situation with gang violence has got a lot better over the years especially in comparison with, let's say, the nineties.

Old 12-26-2017, 06:39 PM

2 posts, read 1,670 times
The main streets seemed safe, but departing to some of the more "sinister-looking" residential areas was suspenseful to me even though it may not be justified in the light of statistics. I would imagine that the location of services that attract crime, such as liquor stores, has some type of an influence on the crime rate as well. In addition to decent-looking dwellings, having received a great deal of references in this thread, there were also more dilapidated blocks. The reputation of these classic gangsta rap neighbourhoods is probably not entitled because the hype has been so intense. House prices are surprisingly high in Compton. Some of the neighbourhoods close to downtown have a lot of homeless people living in tents and they are obviously way worse off than the residents in the worst areas of Compton, SC and Lynwood. The areas inhabited by homeless people are probably more dangerous from the viewpoint of just driving around. However, there were so many people there that I didn't really feel intimidated by the atmosphere.

Old 12-26-2017, 10:28 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,112,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyg2014 View Post
lol You know violence has gone through the roof in Baltimore while the Bloods and Crips claim to have caused a "cease fire." Both of these photos were taken after Freddie Gray.

Typical Baltimore gang

Here are the Bloods and Crips looking like clowns as usual
IDK, I'd like to see this as an oppourtinity for them to see "well ****, you like Coronas too? Why are we killing each other again? I guess we're not so different are we?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles