Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 05:17 PM

1,253 posts, read 2,946,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I don't like Bjork.
I never told you to check out Bjork.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 05:21 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Pip View Post
I never told you to check out Bjork.
I never told you to go to a library.

Did you click on the link? It's a searchable database of historical SFV photos - something a person who starts a thread "I Love The Valley" might enjoy.

Old 01-31-2010, 05:23 PM

1,253 posts, read 2,946,406 times
Quote:

Did you click on the link? It's a searchable database of historical SFV photos - something a person who starts a thread "I Love The Valley" might enjoy.
It's a digital Library and thanks but I got the impression that you were trying to show me something nasty about the Valley. There's a lot of Valley hate round here. I apologise. Friends?

Old 01-31-2010, 05:27 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Quote:
It's a digital Library and thanks but I got the impression that you were trying to show me something nasty about the Valley. There's a lot of Valley hate round here. I apologise. Friends?
I lived in the San Fernando Valley from 1961 to 1988. It almost needs it's own forum as does Ventura County.

Old 01-31-2010, 05:31 PM

2,684 posts, read 7,385,389 times
Quote:

I used to work at the one at LAVC Some of the people working there have real long memories.
The Museum of the San Fernando Valley

$500k with kids? Hopefully by then, the LAUSD would have broken up into a million more manageable pieces. I wouldn't mind living in the East Valley (after all, its my old stompin' grounds), but I'm unsure I'd raise a family there. Northridge and Reseda are nice enough areas for what you can get with $500k.

Quote:
I don't know. It's hard for me to say without experience. I'm 25 and right now I love the Valley. Why wont you let me love?!?!

:P
Tell that to the many friends I have that are clamoring to leave. However, it would probably be good for them because they don't think the world expands much beyond Ventura Blvd. I can't wait to be back, and they don't know why

(PS Mostly for the free rent )

Old 01-31-2010, 10:21 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,391,849 times
Quote:
Why do I love the Valley so much?

1. Parking isn't so much of a [insert necessary swear word here]

2. Sexy Israeli guys walk around every Saturday morning in Encino and it's nice to see tradition for a change instead of all these wannabe stars.

3. There are wicked Deli's around like the Armenian Deli in Tarzana and Studio City.

4. It's easier to complete errands.

5. It's pretty (coming from grimey London I've learnt to appreciate nature)

6. Most people in the Valley are from the Valley and are pretty down to earth (from my experience that is)

7. It's peaceful when it needs to be... well where I live it is!

8. It's nice to come home to the Valley and put your feet up

9. The roads are a lot easier and more simple. Everything is more like blocks whereas over the hill it's gets messy. Less 1 way roads too, which I cannot stand! (recently added to list)

Please note this excludes most of the areas north of Ventura Blvd
The Valley [San Fernando] is also very hot & can be quite uncomfortable outside. Smog can be a problem & it can get very windy during santa ana conditions.

But aside from that, the Valley is pretty nice [esp like Ventura Blvd] and fairly close to the beach in Santa Monica & Malibu. Also Hollywood is just over the hills. Burbank Airport is very convenient compared to LAX. There's night life in the Valley but not like Sunset Strip\ West Hollywood. Living in LA is pretty cool. I live in the "other" valley\ San Gabriel which is slower\ quieter than the San Fernando aside from Pasadena.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:19 AM

364 posts, read 991,389 times
I lived in SFV for nearly all my life and it's not bad. It is what it is, ya know? Some parts are great and some parts are not. To me, it's home so that really sums it up (for me at east).

Old 02-01-2010, 02:32 AM

485 posts, read 1,704,193 times
Thanks for that link, Charles! I love the valley and history - I can't wait to check this out.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:25 AM

2,179 posts, read 4,989,341 times
I grew up North of Ventura. We have all those things you listed except the Israeli guys are south of Ventura. I don't really find the people in the Valley any more different than those in most parts of LA. A lot of Valley people hate admitting they are from the area and say things like "I am from the Valley, but I hate it and never go back" (typically what I have heard from people in my age bracket).

Quote:
Why do I love the Valley so much?

1. Parking isn't so much of a [insert necessary swear word here]

2. Sexy Israeli guys walk around every Saturday morning in Encino and it's nice to see tradition for a change instead of all these wannabe stars.

3. There are wicked Deli's around like the Armenian Deli in Tarzana and Studio City.

4. It's easier to complete errands.

5. It's pretty (coming from grimey London I've learnt to appreciate nature)

6. Most people in the Valley are from the Valley and are pretty down to earth (from my experience that is)

7. It's peaceful when it needs to be... well where I live it is!

8. It's nice to come home to the Valley and put your feet up

9. The roads are a lot easier and more simple. Everything is more like blocks whereas over the hill it's gets messy. Less 1 way roads too, which I cannot stand! (recently added to list)

Please note this excludes most of the areas north of Ventura Blvd

Old 02-01-2010, 10:52 AM

1,631 posts, read 4,226,086 times
My parents grew up in the valley in the 60's and 70's. I lived there until I was only 4. I hated going into the valley for doctor's appointments etc... There were some decent restaurants to go to, but I tried to avoid the valley as much as possible. Personal preference. Especially in the summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles