Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 05:55 PM

3,455 posts, read 8,343,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John23 View Post
I think the dating scene turns very quickly for women. Faster than they realize.

This is generalizing, but their peak is 18-24. After that, it turns on a dime.

-Guys who were shy, or akward in highschool or early college have worked on their careers, or socialized more, and they have a much higher standing at 25-30 than they did from 16-24.

-The surfers/playboy types continue with that, well into their late 20's, early 30's. Or maybe forever. And the bar/club types.

And suddenly the pickings can get kind of slim. I think LA is a very fasted paced "dating" city if you can call it that. But dating in the most casual of ways. Things change very quickly here (compare LA now to 5 or 10 years ago). The attractions of the city keep things casual. Also combine the horrendous schools, long commutes, high $$ home prices...it doesnt attract many guys who want to settle down right away at 28-35. Settling down is much more complicated here vs other cities with reasonable home prices, reasonable commutes, and good schools.

I dont know, a lot of factors tilt it pretty quick. Its generalizing, but the girls in short skirts at the clubs at 21 are basically out of the game in their early 30's. The guys who wanted them at 21, still want girls at 21

-But on the plus side, I think people are very friendly here, I think its easy to meet people. Easy to meet other professionals, or career minded people. You just have to be yourself, stop looking so much.
this is malarky. Ladies, don't even worry.

I'm 36 and its not even that bad. 24 are you even serious? lol that's still college age.

My dating experiences have gotten exponentially better in my 30's as there are fewer dbags to wade through (but OH they are still there! and there are plenty of 45 year old dbags too).

Things didn't really 'shift' for me until after 35 in terms of people wanting to meet me (even online where my age was clearly stated) but even still its much easier for me to pick out the dbags now. phew.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetheart1311 View Post
This gives me hope, thanks! I am 28, single and moving to LA this year. Wish me luck!

There are two things I wonder about though (when it comes to guys saying women between 28-35 have a harder time finding a guy):

1. Why do young guys (early to mid 20s) always complain about girls of the same ago being immature, but when we DO 'grow up', we're 'damaged goods'?

2. What if a woman is 28, but looks like 20? Is she still considered 'old'? What I'm saying is - is it about the looks or the age and the experience that comes with it?
28 is nothing. it bugs the hell out of me some of these idiots have you questioning that. 28 PLEASE. Give it ten years and then you can start to worry...even then...

Old 09-17-2013, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgb123 View Post
28 is nothing. it bugs the hell out of me some of these idiots have you questioning that. 28 PLEASE. Give it ten years and then you can start to worry...even then...
and btw I'm not even talking about finding people to date, that is easy I'm talking about marriage minded, attactive men to date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles