Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 11:20 AM

3,322 posts, read 7,975,362 times

Advertisements

First off, CHP vehicles do not have a dash cam. Secondly, asking to review the officers training on equipment for this ticket is dumb. CHP speedometers are calibrated by AAA. If you got this ticket anywhere near LA, they didn't use anything other than the speedometer.

This isn't a very common ticket on freeway travel. The officer must have been watching you for at least half a mile to see if you were going to keep up the lack of distance between the vehicle in front of you. Sounds like you were close to the vehicle for a prolonged period of time. The officer didn't just drive by, noticed you, slowed down, then got behind you to pull you over. You were tailgating for a good period of time.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 04:23 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,097,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
Secondly, asking to review the officers training on equipment for this ticket is dumb. CHP speedometers are calibrated by AAA.
It's possible, but my list of discovery items was looked at and recommended by a lawyer who specializes in the field of fighting traffic tickets (state of Ohio).

The calibration and maintanance records were part of what I sought after. Regardless of where its performed at, it's still vital to someone who makes the case that it was faulty.

---

Was just explaining what I did to improve my situation.

Old 05-15-2010, 12:33 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,027,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by werewolf34 View Post
My question got a lot of responses but no answers. Nobody's ever fought a ticket? Really?

As for the 'don't tailgate crowd" opinions are like rears, everybody's got one and I don't need to hear about it.
If you don't wish to hear the opinions, then don't post that you got a ticket for tailgating, which is an activity that can cause accidents. Maybe you have been fortunate to not have been in a vehicle accident or never lost loved ones due to the reckless driving on the road but don't count on your luck to hold out forever. Pay the fine and learn something from this experience.

Old 05-15-2010, 02:50 AM

1,069 posts, read 3,272,952 times
Total waste of time just pay up and stop playing games on the freeway.
If you make an issue of it all you will achieve is that you will be firmly on the Highway patrols radar, so be prepared to change your cars every few months or get pulled over and shook-down every few weeks.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:28 PM

33 posts, read 139,654 times
I beat the ticket. Get your $212 elsewhere

Enjoy

Old 09-30-2010, 12:32 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,958,238 times
Suuuuure you did.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:53 PM

8,564 posts, read 10,987,037 times
First off, tell all of us just how you "beat the ticket", and secondly to the one that posted they had been tickited for not stopping at an intersection befor turning right.
Read your driver's manual(the one you should have studied before you got your license)' It clearly states, you MUST stop before turning right on a red light.
It does not say slow down and turn red, it says STOP.
What part of the word STOP don't you understand?
Stop means to become motionless when it pertains to driving a vehicle.
You deserve to pay whatever fine was imposed.
Bob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles