Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which restaurant is best for a dinner out?
Emeril's NOLA Restaurant 2 33.33%
Galatoire's 0 0%
Commander's Palace 1 16.67%
Antoine's 2 33.33%
Bayona 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 01:55 PM

27 posts, read 39,539 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I just returned from my third Mardi Gras in 7 years and first off, despite the cooler weather, thanks to the city for being a gracious host. First time watching the parades from the Garden District and will do it again! So about my question, I plan on going back for my birthday in May. During Mardi Gras, I prefer cheaper options for meals but given the circumstances, I'd like to go with something finer. I have a list of restaurants I either have been to and love or have heard good things. Any advice on which one to take for a pleasant meal would be appreciated.

While I'm open to other suggestions, I'd like to decide amongst these. Thanks for helping!
Been before:
-Galatoire's
-Emeril's NOLA Restaurant

Never been:
-Commander's Palace
-Antoine's
-Bayona
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2015, 11:06 AM

12 posts, read 19,599 times
I highly recommend Superior Seafood on St Charles. I just LOVE that place. It's in Uptown.

Old 02-22-2015, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxj8130 View Post
I highly recommend Superior Seafood on St Charles. I just LOVE that place. It's in Uptown.
That's funny you say that! I ate there this past Monday while I went for Mardi Gras. I was staying on Gen. Pershing so it was nearby. It was really good but I figure with so many delicious options, I'd want to mix it up since I'll be back only 2 full months from now.

Old 02-22-2015, 10:34 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,522,587 times
Try Antoine's, if anything to say you've been. It's the oldest continuously family owned restaurant in the country.

Old 02-25-2015, 09:36 AM

1,097 posts, read 2,339,698 times
Any of these restaurants are solid choices except maybe Emeril's.

Antoines and Commanders are very old school NOLA institutions. You can't go wrong with the food there.

Bayona is a little more off the beaten path, but it has outstanding food. Susan Spicer is one of our best chefs.

I would also add Irene's to the list. Very, very good creole italian.

Old 02-26-2015, 08:57 AM

1,901 posts, read 3,084,294 times
My parents were just here this past weekend celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary. We had an impeccable experience at ChopHouse on Magazine Street.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:03 PM

I see a bit of a pattern so that's good. Are there any restaurants that I'd be advised to ignore? Emeril's NOLA seems to be the tourist trap of the group. Also in response to Antoine's, I've seen very mixed reviews before. While that shouldn't discourage it from consideration, would I have a safer bet elsewhere for a birthday dinner?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
View detailed profiles of: