Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 06:34 PM

2 posts, read 10,709 times

Advertisements

I loved Bacon's!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 06:41 PM

2 posts, read 10,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
I am not sure if it has been mentioned yet but what about Po' Folks?

I loved Po Folks! There is still one in Pamama City, FL

Old 04-16-2009, 04:27 AM

Location: Back in Melbourne.....home of road rage and aggression
402 posts, read 1,160,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by votteler View Post
I loved Bacon's!!!
I know! I loved the one in Shively. IMO, t went to $h!t when Dillards took it over. Well, I mustn't be too far off the mark--it went out of business!

When I was a kid I thought it was so.....glamorous! My favourite entrance was the main one, where you came through the Cosmetics department. I always wanted to sit at one of the counters while one of the ladies made me "beautiful".
Then at Christmas time, they had that big display section by the escalators chockablock full of Christmas trees, decorated in all different styles. I could walk around that thing for hours just looking.
And when I was a kid, I loved for my mom to shop for curtains or bedspreads or pick up a catalogue order because we got to go downstairs to the Homewears section. I always did have a thing for those bedding displays (see my comment about Ben Snyders and Stewarts!)

My mom still has some of the Bacon's gift boxes (white with the gold/white bar trim around the sides). We still use them at Christmas. They are looking pretty worn, but we are loathe to let them go. We only use them for our gifts to each other anyway, so we appreciate the wear and tear they've endured. You can't find anyplace that has boxes that big or that sturdy anymore! We also have a couple of Stewarts boxes with the fancy cursive signature diagnally across the corner......

Sorry, I tend to get a little misty and nostalgic over this stuff....

and Po' Folks--they were great! They, and Marks Feed store, are the only restaraunts I've ever been to that served iced tea in Mason jars--just like at Grandma's! That lone made them worth the wait for a table as far as I was concerned. Food wasn't too bad either from memory! lol

Old 04-16-2009, 07:10 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
I loved the Bacons in Shively, too! I still have the credit card, isn't that funny?

Old 04-16-2009, 07:33 AM

594 posts, read 1,044,285 times
Airway
Danners
Burger Queen
Burger Chef
Bensingers
TG&Y
Blue Boar
Hasenours (sp?)
Kunz's
Melrose Inn
Allied
Consolidated

Old 04-16-2009, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I loved the Bacons in Shively, too! I still have the credit card, isn't that funny?
No funnier than keeping store gift boxes for decades! lol

They're good things to have, just to take out occassionally and remember.....

Old 04-16-2009, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatManDoo View Post
Airway
Danners
Burger Queen
Burger Chef
Bensingers
TG&Y
Blue Boar
Hasenours (sp?)
Kunz's
Melrose Inn
Allied
Consolidated
Agreed all great, and greatly missed, places!

Old 04-16-2009, 02:57 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,453,904 times
I fogot about Bensingers! I remember that place.

There was also a real nice furniture store south of LaGrange called the Cherry House or Cherrywood House, or something like that.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:01 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,082,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JefferyT View Post
I fogot about Bensingers! I remember that place.

There was also a real nice furniture store south of LaGrange called the Cherry House or Cherrywood House, or something like that.
It's still there and it's the Cherry House.

Old 04-30-2010, 02:34 PM

2 posts, read 15,134 times
Anybody remember the arlan's department store on 7th st rd right before berry blvd?? Or the "Club Fabulon" nightspot that was next to it? Or the Fredericks bowling alley down the road on 7th st rd? The town ritz bar and liquor store or the 60 second shop restuarant next to it, also on 7th st rd? Or how about the Merry-Go_Round at the corner of 7th and Berry Blvd?

Last edited by 69older_guy69; 04-30-2010 at 02:39 PM.. Reason: To add more 7th st business's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area