Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 06:41 AM

49 posts, read 376,074 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there are any good athletic clubs in the eastside of Louisville or in Oldham County? Where do people workout?

I would need a place that has a variety of classes ie: spin, aerobic, body pump, etc. and also a playroom for kids.

Thanks!
Lori
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2007, 01:25 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,740,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorismith View Post
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there are any good athletic clubs in the eastside of Louisville or in Oldham County? Where do people workout?

I would need a place that has a variety of classes ie: spin, aerobic, body pump, etc. and also a playroom for kids.

Thanks!
Lori
Louisville Athletic Club on Westport is the best in that area. You may also consider Gold's as they are opening a couple new locations that will be huge, new, and very nice with all the amenities.

Old 06-02-2007, 07:38 PM

79 posts, read 416,674 times
The YMCA in eastern Louisville (Millbrook Rd) and the one in Oldham County are very nice and they both also have indoor pools and childcare.

Old 06-06-2007, 06:49 AM

5 posts, read 22,856 times
Louisville Athletic Club is really good. If you're willing to come into the Shelbyville Road area behind Mall St. Matthews, then Milestone Fitness is awesome.

Be sure to check out Northeast YMCA. Its a great all-around family facility.

Old 06-08-2007, 09:05 PM

666 posts, read 2,537,274 times
Metro Fitness in Middletown is a great place to workout. Their staff is excellent and its never too crowded. The only drawback is they dont have a pool.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:45 AM

2 posts, read 5,676 times
Default Always Check Credentials

One should always be sure of a trainer's credentials, certifications and other education before going to any center. People can appear to be knowledgable but then not have the proper training and credentials.

Be sure to ask questions, ask for documentation and above all check with the better business bureau before joining any fitness center, as many of them have come and gone in the Louisville, KY area over the past 25yrs.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:44 AM

Location: Apex, North Carolina [Shepherds Vineyard Subdivision]
269 posts, read 1,156,332 times
Smile Hey, I was going to ask that!

Just wanted to say thanks Lori for asking that question. I was just going to post something similar. I am heavily devoted to spin classes over here 3-4 days a week and hoped to find a good gym in the same area you are asking about when we come over hopefully next year. Good to know there are choices. I'm not a big fan of YMCA's even though for my family there great with swim classes and other kid activities, but for me personally not so good because they usually don't offer quality class work-outs for those seriously into it. If I'm wrong please let me know otherwise, just from what I have seen over here by us. Ciao.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:59 AM

69 posts, read 321,644 times
LAC is probably the best. The club requires each instructor to be certified, keep up on continuing education and the instructors are well rounded. I don't know about the YMCA programs. While Milestone/Baptist East is a nice facility, I don't know that they keep up on everything that's current in Group Fitness or that their instructors have to be certified. I could be wrong, but LAC is probably the best.

Old 10-22-2007, 03:34 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,740,696 times
Gold's new super clubs are nice. For K Dunn, I would recommend LAC though.

AthleticClubs:

Old 10-22-2007, 07:12 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,310,863 times
My lovely wife (in her young boomer age) stays trim and fit at Curves located in the Forest Springs Center just off I-265 at the Anchorage/Pewee Valley/Crestwood exit.
She absolutely loves the staff and the people who work out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area