Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2016, 05:05 AM

1 posts, read 869 times

Advertisements

I was fired from [mod]a company in Kentucky[/mod] for breaking company policy. My job there was selling lawn care services. However, when we make a sell, a auditor, from a 1-800#, would call the customer we sold the product to would verify the sell. Well in some cases, the customer did not want to deal with the auditor calling them. So what I did for a lot of customers was I called the auditors for them. When [mod]the company[/mod] found out that I was calling the auditors for the customer, they fired me with no write up. Every call I made to the auditor was a truthful sell. But will I receive unemployment?

Last edited by Oldhag1; 08-30-2016 at 07:08 AM.. Reason: Please don't name the company on the open forum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2016, 07:16 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,149,450 times
It is hard to say, that might be an egregious enough circumstance that it falls under 'fired for cause', even without a write up. It also may depend on whether or not it is covered in written company policy and how clearly it is written. Your best argument would be that you didn't understand that was against the rules so you didn't think you were doing anything wrong, and in your mind, you thought you were helping the customer. You might be turned down anyway and have to appeal it, there is no guarentee that you would win but it costs you nothing to appeal.

This also might be a better question for the unemployment forum.

Old 09-05-2016, 07:12 AM

1,012 posts, read 1,118,732 times
Wow that's stupid if that's the whole reason. I guess I would call the auditing company to get their take.

Old 09-05-2016, 07:51 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,149,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashfearless View Post
Wow that's stupid if that's the whole reason. I guess I would call the auditing company to get their take.
Actually, it isn't a stupid reason. The OP would get a commission for every home he signed up for the service. Many companies that do this have had problems with their salesmen signing up a home, they show up to do the service, give the homeowner a bill, the homeowner says I never ordered this and refuses to pay. Other times the salesperson would sign them up and explain how they can cancel after the first service by just complaining it wasn't a good job. Yes, they could get the commission back from the salesperson but they are still out of the expense of providing the service. The phone call is a system to verify a legitimate customer prior to paying the salesman or providing the service. If the salesman does the calling, effectively bypassing that system, it defeats the entire purpose for having it. That may not have been what the OP was trying to do, but it is nonetheless a violation of company policy.

Old 09-05-2016, 08:02 AM

11,085 posts, read 17,532,479 times
Lrhode, all I can say is good luck with this situation. But did you know you can apply for unemployment and do your regular "check ins" online? I'm on unemployment for the first time since the late 70s and found this out. Been collecting for a little over a month and haven't had to go to the office yet.
Thankfully I think I have a job lined up!

Old 09-12-2016, 03:26 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,819,186 times
Even if you could, you've had to work at least 6mo, yet I worked for a company contracted to clean, and move airport rental cars for nearly a year, and didn't get it. We were ALL supposed to get it when they sold PHT, but I found out it was first come first serve, or some nonsense. I've given up on trying to get unemployment, seems it's easier to get a job, or Louisville wantz you to stay broke.

Old 09-12-2016, 08:51 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,248,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
Even if you could, you've had to work at least 6mo, yet I worked for a company contracted to clean, and move airport rental cars for nearly a year, and didn't get it. We were ALL supposed to get it when they sold PHT, but I found out it was first come first serve, or some nonsense. I've given up on trying to get unemployment, seems it's easier to get a job, or Louisville wantz you to stay broke.
If you can prove you worked there full time for nearly a year, you can get unemployment. The bureaucrat you talked to was probably confused about something. You might need to talk to higher ups or something.

The company owners often try to cheat on unemployment. Don't let them cheat. The victim of the cheating is you. Companies save money that way. Letting them cheat is like letting people steal money from you and not doing anything to try to stop it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
View detailed profiles of: