Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2009, 06:02 PM

8 posts, read 40,810 times

Advertisements

I have recently viewed a home located off of Cooper Chapel rd, closer to Preston Highway than Smyrna Pkwy. More precisely, Indian Falls Dr. 40299. I am unfamiliar with the area as I'm not from here and have only lived in St Matthews. I don't venture out much around the city besides traveling to work so I would like to hear some opinions. Please post your thoughts on this area whether good or bad. Also any opinions you might have about resale value in the next 5 years or so.

Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 09:03 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,085,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louky View Post
I have recently viewed a home located off of Cooper Chapel rd, closer to Preston Highway than Smyrna Pkwy. More precisely, Indian Falls Dr. 40299. I am unfamiliar with the area as I'm not from here and have only lived in St Matthews. I don't venture out much around the city besides traveling to work so I would like to hear some opinions. Please post your thoughts on this area whether good or bad. Also any opinions you might have about resale value in the next 5 years or so.
That area is doing well and has for years and is likely to improve. It seems years away that the Outer loop/Preston crowd will push that far south - even in five years. If you're at all worried about that, look farther east - east of Smyrna and even east of Buelah Church rd - some great neighborhoods near Beulah Church Rd and Cedar Creek Rd (outside of the Gene Snyder).

Old 08-30-2009, 07:34 PM

i know there are a lot of opinionated people here. i would appreciate any additional comments you can make on the area. i'm mainly concerned with the future of the area within 5 years or any current problems or issues i should be aware of.

i'll answer the sticky questions, maybe that will initiate some discussion.

-Where you are working?
southend, within 15 minutes of indian falls dr
-How much you are willing to spend on housing?
-How long of a commute you're willing to tolerate?
20 minutes
-If you have kids: Private school or public school?
no kids
-What type of neighborhood environment you are looking for: small town feeling? small city excitement? suburbia delight?
i'm from a small town
-Community amenities important to you?
school, shopping, the usual
-Pie or cake?
cake

Thank You

Old 08-31-2009, 11:13 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,872,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
That area is doing well and has for years and is likely to improve. It seems years away that the Outer loop/Preston crowd will push that far south - even in five years. If you're at all worried about that, look farther east - east of Smyrna and even east of Buelah Church rd - some great neighborhoods near Beulah Church Rd and Cedar Creek Rd (outside of the Gene Snyder).
If you're talking about retail and commercial development, it's already there. That area now has Lowes, Meijers, Showcase Cinemas and Commerce Crossings right across Preston and a half mile down the road there's Mt Washington Road with just about everything. It's just a matter of time until the two will be tied together on the east side with development. It already is on the west side.

That's the area I grew up in and it doesn't even resemble those days. Hard to believe that Preston Highway was a two lane road and I used to ride my bicycle down Preston to Cooper Chapel Rd and on over to McNeely Lake Park. Traffic can be a real headache around there now.

Old 08-31-2009, 05:57 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,085,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louky View Post
i know there are a lot of opinionated people here. i would appreciate any additional comments you can make on the area. i'm mainly concerned with the future of the area within 5 years or any current problems or issues i should be aware of.

Thank You
I'll try to be more specific. Only known issue is the widening of Cooper Chapel within 5 years. There are a lot of ammenities already nearby. One cause for some worry is the road near the Lowes was closed after being open - the area was being overbuilt and the home building stopped and apparently resulted in the nearby road being closed. If you get a chance, drive north on Preston from I-265 and predict yourself if that area in Okolona is going to continue moving south along Preston within 5 years.

You can easily be within 15 minutes of Indian Falls and be farther East - Adams Run neighborhood, Creek View Estates, Evanwood, or Hornbeam Blvd (forgot the neighborhood name) are ALL surely to increase faster in home prices within 5 years than the areas near the Crossings. For $170k, I'd search East of Beulah Church Rd.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:47 PM

Thanks for the comments.

Sorry for the confusion. What I meant is that Indian falls Dr is where the house I have been looking at is located. This is within 15 minutes of where I work, in the 40272 area. 20 minutes is the max I would be willing to drive.

Also I just realized I put the wrong zip code in the OP, 40229 is the one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area