Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 10:27 AM

836 posts, read 3,381,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
wolfeyes where do you live?
A small town called Cecilia..its 5 miles outside of Elizabethtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 06:12 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,074,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeyes View Post
A small town called Cecilia..its 5 miles outside of Elizabethtown.

Nice! I love that area. One of my favorite places to go is Glendale too

Old 02-17-2010, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Nice! I love that area. One of my favorite places to go is Glendale too
Not sure where Glendale is yet..lol haven't been able to venture out due to all the freaking SNOW! I love snow when it falls oh one or two times but every week it is just becoming depressing. Other than that we all love it here...just can't wait for spring so we can get outside. Kids are going to be in to school til what mid June and have to go back August 4th... just ridiculous!

Old 02-17-2010, 08:02 AM

wolf keep in mind tha tthis much snow is a rarity.. thank God lol Glendale isn't very far from where you are and has the cutest shops: Historic Glendale, Kentucky - A Shopper's Wonderland for Antiques, Gifts and Collectibles!

Old 02-17-2010, 08:07 AM

Quote:
wolf keep in mind tha tthis much snow is a rarity.. thank God lol Glendale isn't very far from where you are and has the cutest shops: Historic Glendale, Kentucky - A Shopper's Wonderland for Antiques, Gifts and Collectibles!
Yea thats what we have been told is this winter and last winter has been strange and very rare. I just hope this isn't an ongoing thing thats going to happen every year now that we have moved here..

Old 02-17-2010, 08:15 AM

wolf if you brought this with you I am sending you back personally LOL!!!!!!

Where are you from originally? Not moved from, but from?

Old 02-17-2010, 04:35 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeyes View Post
Yea thats what we have been told is this winter and last winter has been strange and very rare. I just hope this isn't an ongoing thing thats going to happen every year now that we have moved here..
We are having quite the strange winter here in DC also. Two 20+ inch snowstorms this year and two blizzards. I hope this isn't common in KY. Anymore wild winters may drive me to move to FL and I ain't joking.

Old 02-17-2010, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
We are having quite the strange winter here in DC also. Two 20+ inch snowstorms this year and two blizzards. I hope this isn't common in KY. Anymore wild winters may drive me to move to FL and I ain't joking.
we have no where near 40 inches of snow praise God!

Old 02-18-2010, 06:16 AM

well missymomof3.. I don't think we brought the snow with us since NC never gets snow..lol
I am from Greensboro, NC. My husband is from Nebraska. We lived in a small town about 25 miles south of Greensboro.
We had been looking at houses here in KY for the past 3 years and we have been out here several times looking and of course fell in love with the surrounding areas.. but we had to sell our house first. I didn't think we would ever sell that house..it was on the market for almost 3 yrs..but due to the size and price not many people were looking at homes in that price range..finally someone made us an offer last Sept. and we took it! We hated living in NC..for a couple of reasons... 1..my family lives in Michigan, my husbands family of course is in Nebraska,.. so being here is a lil closer to both sides, not to close of course but a lil. 2.. NC has become a safe haven for Illegals. I wont say anymore about that part cause ppl will think Im a racist...........But were finally here. Love it just getting tired of the snow.. we are ready for some warm weather so we can go ride..(motorcycles of course). And since we bought a new house of course we have no grass we have mud..so gotta plant grass. Just want to be able to get outside..even if its just sitting in the sun.

Alanboy..I hear ya... And yup my hubby was there that Friday before you got the first storm..he made it back home before the storm which was good. He travels to DC or should I say Alexandria, VA not every week now but use to. He will be coming out your way again next week, but that depends on the weather here..they are saying were maybe gonna get more snow again Sunday night. So we'll see.

Old 02-18-2010, 06:36 AM

well wolfeyes welcome to Kentucky... before you know it you'll be on that bike!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area