Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2017, 05:48 AM

2,428 posts, read 2,494,204 times

Advertisements

Allman Brothers Great, Gregg Allman to be laid to rest in Macon's Rose Hill Cemetery Saturday.

Gregg Allman Funeral Set for Saturday in Macon, Georgia | Billboard

Gregg Allman’s Funeral Scheduled for Saturday in Macon, Georgia | Variety

Music legend Gregg Allman dies at 69 - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2017, 09:58 AM

2,428 posts, read 2,494,204 times
President Jimmy Carter to Attend Allman's Funeral

Amid the sorrow, joyful music and celebrity gatherings planned for Gregg Allman's funeral | The Telegraph

Jimmy Carter to attend Gregg Allman funeral | The Telegraph

Old 06-03-2017, 01:58 PM

13,704 posts, read 21,993,958 times
The Telegraph's coverage of Gregg Allman's funeral has been nothing short of amazing! I've especially enjoyed watching all the many videos of various aspects of the story -- interviews of people on the street, the gay couple that lives in the house he shared with Cher. Good stuff!

Breaking Macon, GA News, Sports, Weather & More | Macon.com & The Telegraph

Old 06-04-2017, 07:21 AM

1,389 posts, read 2,270,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
The Telegraph's coverage of Gregg Allman's funeral has been nothing short of amazing! I've especially enjoyed watching all the many videos of various aspects of the story -- interviews of people on the street, the gay couple that lives in the house he shared with Cher. Good stuff!

Breaking Macon, GA News, Sports, Weather & More | Macon.com & The Telegraph
They have done a great job. They usually do on local stories. The paper can go much more in depth than the 60 seconds things get on tv news. It is too bad that more people don't see the value of good local news. Facebook and Twitter are terrible sources of information, but for so many...that is all they see.

I regularly encounter people who are shocked that I read a newspaper. These same people are often uninformed on local events and ask me how I know so much about plans, zoning, county commissioners, etc. I envision a day when local papers fold because they can't pay the bills. I hope I am wrong as they provide an invaluable service. People think their local governments are corrupt now...let local papers disappear... Perhaps they can stay viable in the online world? They will have to do something different though because now all one has to do is clear their cookies regularly and they can read it all for free.

Back to the topic...yes, great coverage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon