Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 11:38 PM

511 posts, read 2,477,162 times

Advertisements

That bottom of the barrel education system you happen to talk about has been one of the most improved of the state, with a new highs of students passing test like CRCT, and the GHSGT, its very important to our students, teachers, other school officials and elected officials that the students pass these test, so I ask that you do not bash the public school system. Also the tiny mall happens to be the largest outside of metro-atlanta and for the Bibb County to be building another one that is great news. Yes I cant deny we have had corrupt elected officials, and even a bad public school system, but on the fact of shopping, we are one of the best. For the population of Macon-Bibb COunty, and the shopping offered is adequate, but you have to think Macon is an economic center, and there are thousand of vistors coming form around us to come to Macon to shop, so from that perspective yes Macon is a shopping oasis. I also assure you that Macon is not moving backward, we are looking foward, and it all starts with the primaries which is held June 13, 2007.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2007, 10:59 PM

726 posts, read 2,818,696 times
Well I have to say If Macon is not a shopping oasis now it will be soon in a couple of years because there are all kinds of nice huge shopping Complexes coming to macon... That is defintely an under statement that Macon is moving backward, Macon is moving extremely well in the upward direction and the city is really becoming a better city and with so much sprawls of residential and commerical growth from atlanta, Interstate access, plans to develop the airport and have flights to others cities besides ATL ,proposed Commuter Rail to ATL and extreme growth of retail development in north and south macon-Bibb county.. i think Macon is a nice place to live you have most of ammenties of a large city with out the chaos and the some these people crack me up with these negative and overly exaggered comments about Macon. i see why people are not wanting to move to macon because some people are making it seem that macon is HELL and that and that not true.... There is no perfect city, all city have crime, slums and some bad schools...but guess what they still survive.... and are sucessful because really the school does make the child, the have to make his or her self because there have been a lot of kids who have went to worse school and slums than in Macon and have turn out to be some of the Country's most successful people... A child can have the best of what a school can offer and still turn out dumb as a door knob or a trash man....
I don't care what nobody say, Macon has its benefits and think if things continue to progress in Macon is headed into becoming the next hot spot in Ga second after Atlanta for growth and opportunties.... That REality!! and not exaggerations.... so reguardless of what yall Macon haters say the progressions will show for it self....

Old 06-28-2007, 03:24 PM

21 posts, read 81,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayorOfMacon2019 View Post
havent you heard all the fuss over Bass Pro Shops, a new mall, and other great things already here or coming to Macon. So yea it is hot and humid, and Macon is a shopping-oasis
I haven't heard a word about a new mall, do you have a link to any sort of article?

I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that Macon is a shopping oasis. There have been times where I haven't been to Macon in over a year.

Old 06-28-2007, 03:58 PM

41 posts, read 166,815 times
Default The Shoppes at River Crossing

Here are a few links:

Jim Wilson and Associates, Inc. (http://www.jwamalls.com/news.aspx?id=638 - broken link)

River Crossing Groundbreaking to be Sept. 12 Business Wire - Find Articles

Retail Center

Last edited by MaconWard1; 06-28-2007 at 04:15 PM..

Old 06-28-2007, 04:17 PM

Thanks for the links.

Open-air retail? Nice.

Old 06-28-2007, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepgreensea View Post
I haven't heard a word about a new mall, do you have a link to any sort of article?

I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that Macon is a shopping oasis. There have been times where I haven't been to Macon in over a year.
The thing you didnt hear anything about the new mall, lol, its not always about hearing you should go out and see them leveling off many acres of land, and putting up steel, structures, so did those links help, I aslo have a complete, view of the whole facility very detailed.

Old 06-29-2007, 09:26 PM

So is it really going to be open air, or is it going to have the feel of open air retail? It didn't say the same thing on each article.

Any idea what some of the stores are going to be? The frustration with the Galleria in Warner Robins and the Macon Mall is that there isn't enough variety. That or I'm just picky :P

Old 06-30-2007, 06:49 PM

Yes it really is going to be an open air mall, this mall will target the wealthier in Middle Georgia, and offer better, but more expensive shopping. There will be many new store names to Middle Georgia, and possibly the whole state of Georgia, which will be locating in this open air retail mall. Its expected to be a huge toursit attraction especially being Bass Pro Shops is right around the corner. The retail mall will be less than 2 minutes from I-75, and is very visible to the eye, from the interstate. The link below shows a complete view of the mall, great detail, and it also shows the scale from how big this mall will be.

http://www.jwamalls.com/uploadedImages/Properties/Retail/The_Shoppes_at_River_Crossing/hr_rivercrossing_site.jpg (broken link)

There is also a development that is suspected to be similar to Tanger Outlet that will locate on the Bibb County-Monroe County line, the development is very huge, and will be a very important piece in macon Macon a shopping oasis. This development already has its on site, because its so close to completion and is expected to open this coming fall. So take a look.

Lullwater Village

Old 07-02-2007, 01:03 AM

Thanks for the info.

Old 07-02-2007, 08:51 AM
GP2

81 posts, read 999,716 times
Yeah.....It`ll be a nice mall for that 1 percent growth Macon has had over the past 6 years...LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon