Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2010, 09:41 PM

393 posts, read 981,597 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a cleaning company that is experienced in dealing with new construction? I've tried washing walls, floors, and windows; I've used a wet and dry vac; and still, there is fine construction dust (mostly from sanding the drywall plaster) that seeps into every surface and pore. If you know of anyone who specializes in turning a house filled with serious construction dust into a livable home that sparkles and isn't too far away from the ME-NH border near the White Mts, please DM me! Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 10:33 PM

1,973 posts, read 5,222,076 times
Have you already closed on the house? Did you notice this at the walk through? Will the builder come back and make it right?

Old 04-01-2010, 04:01 PM

90 posts, read 171,528 times
I build houses for a living and this is a common complaint I hear from clients. When I leave it is spotless, 3 days later you can leave dust drawings on the table. Your best bet is to use a high quality vacuum and never sweep. Be careful some wet vac are worse than sweeping. They do sell dust filters and bags for them if needed. Swiffers and wet wipes are also your best friend. Other than that to be honest for the first month or so you will have an excess of fine dust and there really isn't anything you can do about it except be diligent in cleaning. Particularly materials like dry wall creates a very fine powdery mist.
Now having said all that there are many tricks and tools you can use to minimalize the mess, but some times it just can't be helped, and you need to wade trough it.

Old 05-20-2011, 10:21 AM

1 posts, read 2,311 times
Default tools and tricks

Hi Bigfish,
What the tricks and tools?
Thank you!

Old 05-21-2011, 12:51 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,717,042 times
You could call servpro or similiar company and have them come out... they are expensive but will know exactly how to do it and even if you dont hire maybe they will give you an idea?? idk... but I am thinking some kind of an industrail air filtration system needs to be run while cleaning at the same time.. as you clean you raise up all that dust and when your done cleaning it settles??

Old 05-22-2011, 10:40 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,661,299 times
They make hepa filters for shop vacs and they work well. They also make some really good sanding vacs for sheet rock sanding. It's probably too late for that now but I'd be sure anyplace you hire to do sheet rock make sure they have one of these sanding vacuums they make all of the difference in the world.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:18 AM

4,567 posts, read 10,650,140 times
Get a tower style hepa fan/filter. About $80. They do a great job cleaning particles from the air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine