Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 06:57 PM

570 posts, read 1,339,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintomilo View Post
Hello. Im new to forum.I am looking for the best way to buy a piece of property in Maine.What is the best way to do this without having use a realtor?I am planning on placing my travel trailer on it for a while and am interested in tree growth program.Which townships or counties are a good place to start.I have cash burning a hole in my pocket.Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Hello,
There is a lot of information in this post on the tree growth program:
//www.city-data.com/forum/maine...ee-growth.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 02:26 AM

454 posts, read 793,531 times
Yeah, this Maine forum has the nicest bunch of posters. Since I don't live there but spend a lot of time there when I vacation in N/E every September, can I be considered an honorary Mainer? Or even a 1/25th Mainer?

Old 10-27-2011, 05:53 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,553,509 times
I'm only a lurker, but let me chime in to say that yes, the Maine Forum is a joy to lurk around too (lol), and when I visited Maine not only was it very beautiful (and my beloved Atlantic Ocean is wonderful up there), but the people were kind, polite and down-to-earth, scrupulously minding their own business yet willing to help.

Also, Portland ME is one of my favourite cities in the US. It's friendly and it looks safe. I don't like huge and hectic places. I live in a town/city the population of which is less than 100000 and, roughly, that's the sort of life I want.

Finally, the weather. I'm not a fan of hot weather (not even in the summer), whereas I can happily endure a fair amount of cold, snow and rain.

I'm sure I'd be happy there.

Last edited by noela; 10-27-2011 at 06:09 AM..

Old 10-27-2011, 06:31 AM

4 posts, read 3,866 times
Hi folks.I posted a message yesterday but I don't see it posted. I am looking for some help in relocating from Marthas Vineyard to central or northern Maine.Maybe someone could direct message me and let me know what I am doing wrong!! Forestbeekeeper had mentioned a land transaction lawyer in Lincoln.I would like to find out who is is.I plan on taking a ride to Maine this week to look for land and want all the ammo I can get.I have been reading threads on this site on and off for nearly a year and I think you guys are very knowledgable.

Old 10-27-2011, 06:43 AM

37,453 posts, read 61,366,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pintomilo View Post
Hi folks. I posted a message yesterday but I don't see it posted. I am looking for some help in relocating from Marthas Vineyard to central or northern Maine. Maybe someone could direct message me and let me know what I am doing wrong!! Forestbeekeeper had mentioned a land transaction lawyer in Lincoln. I would like to find out who is is.I plan on taking a ride to Maine this week to look for land and want all the ammo I can get. I have been reading threads on this site on and off for nearly a year and I think you guys are very knowledgable.
I do not wish to continue this discussion in this thread as it would be off-topic here.

Feel free to post in any of the threads that already exist, about the topic you wish to discuss; or else start a new thread.

Also; I will PM you with some info.

Old 10-27-2011, 06:47 AM

4 posts, read 3,866 times
OK.see my post now! Thanks Daydreamin71.That informatoin is most helpful!Now, should I just drive up there and look for signs posted to trees and talk to people to find land without going through a realtor? I am ready to buy soon.Need all the help I can get.Anyone feel free to DM me .Thank you all.

Old 10-27-2011, 10:37 AM

399 posts, read 854,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangorme View Post
I'm a bit different than many Mainers about this. If your wife's family is a Maine family (several generations), then I'd consider your wife a native. Kinda like the kittens born in an oven not making them biscuits, by the same token, if a Maine family has a kid across the line, it's still a native.
Thank you for that fine analysis. I thought she was considered a Mainer because her mother's family had several generations from Maine, her maiden name being King. She ventured to think she could possibly be related to some of the King's, namely Stephen and Angus. I said it's a longshot but we could surely ask when we see them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine