Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 01:43 PM

30 posts, read 32,695 times

Advertisements

So, just from hopping around different forums on city-data and looking at other towns/states It just makes me want to move to Maine even more. Of course there's crap economy, there's crap economy everywhere. Of course there is crime, that's everywhere too. The difference though that I am seeing, is that the people on the Maine forum have a nut up or shut up approach to it. They seem to realize that Yes, this is going on, not just here, but in America as a whole, now deal with it. Do people want change for a better country, yes, but instead of constantly bickering and whining about the inherent status quo, the mainers look at the problem, assess it, and deal with it. It's much more friendly, and IMHO a better mindset to live by. There's a problem in life, you deal with it, and fix it; no sense in whining about it. I like that Way to go Maine I just felt the need to give you guys all props for handling situations, and the way you handle new comers to the forum. You tell it how it is, and not in an "oh my, this place is so terrible " or in a sugar-coated "this is the best place ever with virtually no problems, where all your dreams come true." No place is that, anywhere, it's what you make of it, and how you play with the hand you're dealt. Thank you for making it even easier for me to look forward to move to Maine, now if only these next few years would hurry up!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 02:12 PM

428 posts, read 554,312 times
Not only the Forum, but the people here are among the nicest I've met. Moving back east after 20 years in the midwest, I made more friends in the first few months than in my entire stay in Missouri. Haven't seen any of the attitude towards people from "away" that you hear about except maybe some good-natured ribbing. Wish you the best in your future move!

Old 10-24-2011, 02:16 PM

3,036 posts, read 5,888,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin5098 View Post
Not only the Forum, but the people here are among the nicest I've met. Moving back east after 20 years in the midwest, I made more friends in the first few months than in my entire stay in Missouri. Haven't seen any of the attitude towards people from "away" that you hear about except maybe some good-natured ribbing. Wish you the best in your future move!

Really? Not what I heard. Good natured ribbing (but not at you).

Old 10-24-2011, 02:33 PM

570 posts, read 1,340,604 times
Nix3, I agree wholeheartedly!

Old 10-24-2011, 03:02 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times
I can see that.

Old 10-24-2011, 04:03 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
We are a friendly bunch

And if you threw a party
Invited everyone you knew
You would see, the biggest gift would be from me
and the card attached would say,
Thank you for being a friend

Andrew Gold - Thank You For Being a Friend LP 1978 - YouTube

Old 10-24-2011, 08:06 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,947,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin5098 View Post
Yep. If you were an "exile" then you really are not from away, I have been among the flatlanders for almost 40 years and felt as if I were "from away" the whole time. I have met more CDers from the Maine forum on my trips to Eastport than I can count, but dare not have anything to do with anyone from the Ohio forums.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:32 PM

1,816 posts, read 3,391,576 times
I know what you mean woxyroxme. I miss you and dramamama. It was a blast hooking up with you two and the others in Eastport. I'll never forget the day we three and forest beekeeper and RHB all went whale watching.

I'm kind of scared to post in the Sacramento forum here too. The Maine forum is much nicer and the folks here put up with me.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:57 PM

3,638 posts, read 6,169,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredtinbender View Post
Really? Not what I heard. Good natured ribbing (but not at you).

Now, now, you just hush - we have a reputation to uphold here. What is this "good natured" stuff you speak of?

Old 10-24-2011, 10:27 PM

30 posts, read 32,695 times
Lol well I'm from Oklahoma, and am still unfortunately in Oklahoma for a few more months, then I'll be in Orlando, FL. I don't spend that much time on the OK board. The Orlando forum is just constantly about how completely terrible it is to live there stuff, and from my understanding from visiting, and from what my sister tells me, all of their bickering and moaning is exaggerated beyond belief. It's no picnic, but it's what you make of where you're at. I'm excited for Orlando, but that's because it's new, and of course there are jobs in my field lol the simplicity of bartender I'm not excited about the bloody heat, I don't like the OK heat. Granted, this past summer we had hotter days then Orlando. But in Orlando, I wont get snow, which makes me sad. I'm so not a summer fan. I'm looking forward way WAY more to Maine. It seems nicer with the people, the topography, weather, safety for my kids, and the lab mix may freeze her butt off, but the Newfoundland puppy I'm going to get my son's (and myself) should be SUPER content.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine