Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2007, 12:08 PM

494 posts, read 1,348,879 times

Advertisements

Trying moving and listen to the evening news on a daily basis. You'll get a big wake-up call and realize how little crime exists in Maine.

Old 09-06-2007, 01:13 PM

37,441 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
OMG, this thread is still going on?
Yes, someone still just can not wrap their mind around Maine having such little crime.

Old 09-06-2007, 01:14 PM

93 posts, read 354,731 times
maine crime rate (broken link)

Old 09-06-2007, 04:22 PM

1,895 posts, read 5,899,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
OMG, this thread is still going on?
I have a feeling it will be going on until:

-all crime is eradicated in Maine
-we all agree that Maine is a horrible and corrupt place
-the thread gets locked (and regenerated)

HEY! Maybe we should asked to get it sticky-ed right to the top of the list 4-evah!

Doesn't anyone else have any crimes to report? C'mon you guys.. I know you can dig something up if you really, really try.

-New York Man shocked by reverse mugging in Stonington. A tourist from New York City recently reported that the $400 he left sitting in the ATM drawer at Burnt Cove Market was not only scooped up by the person that was next to use the machine, but that the woman then ran through the parking lot like an insane person, yelling for him to stop. When he did, she handed him his $400 and walked back into the store... to buy groceries for her family with the last $25 she had to her name. The Man From New York City is reporting that his hatred of mankind has been broken and that he now actually believes that there are good people in the world.. they live in Maine. "The only place I would ever be the victim of a reverse mugging", he said as he shook his head.

-Near Collision on Mines Road In Blue Hill. There was nearly a 5 car pile up on the Mines Road last Friday, as 3 different vehicles stopped at almost the same time to help an elderly couple from New Hampshire who had managed to get a flat tire.

Old 09-06-2007, 06:39 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,360,450 times
Oh gosh, how dare that gal give the man back his money!!! Shame, shame, shame. Someone needs to tell her that Maine is a crime ridden state and she dared to do something nice.

Hmmm, wonder if it was one of my old buddies from way back when. LOL

Old 09-06-2007, 06:40 PM

DeerIsle,
Remember the tire squealing you heard in Stonington? That was my 76 yr old mother. She was out for a leisurely drive and wanted to show the young kids how to do a real burnout.

Old 09-06-2007, 06:43 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,840,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerislesmile View Post
-Near Collision on Mines Road In Blue Hill. There was nearly a 5 car pile up on the Mines Road last Friday, as 3 different vehicles stopped at almost the same time to help an elderly couple from New Hampshire who had managed to get a flat tire.
OMG, were they all trying to mug him at the same time??

Don't forget now, we'll all hear about how nasty Caribou is though! Up here we would have kept the money, stolen the guys car and run the old bugger over for being in the frigging road!

Old 09-06-2007, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
OMG, were they all trying to mug him at the same time??

Don't forget now, we'll all hear about how nasty Caribou is though! Up here we would have kept the money, stolen the guys car and run the old bugger over for being in the frigging road!
Darn, you county dwellers a rough bunch.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:12 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,908,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
No lttt, they have more people AND more crime per capita. Look up the FBI crime stats yourself. Maine is consistently among the lowest five states for crime rates of all kinds. And that's crime per capita, not just straight numbers. Your attempts to skew the numbers are dishonest and misleading.

Your unending complaints about Maine are amusing, because they really point up how safe Maine is compared to just about anywhere else in the country. The funniest part is that you're citing all these "crimes" in the BDN as proof of how terrible life in Maine is, and they wouldn't even be worth an inch of ink in any of the metropolitan newspapers.
Yep. Generally the states with the least crime per capita are the three northern New England states and the Dakotas. West Virginia and Kentucky tend to have very low crime rates (as in per capita) as well, but not consistently as low as the other five. But of course there's some crime here and there, even in these states. No place is perfect. Still, when you compare these areas to many other states, well, there really is no comparison!

Old 09-06-2007, 08:17 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,908,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerislesmile View Post
I have a feeling it will be going on until:

-all crime is eradicated in Maine
-we all agree that Maine is a horrible and corrupt place
-the thread gets locked (and regenerated)

HEY! Maybe we should asked to get it sticky-ed right to the top of the list 4-evah!

Doesn't anyone else have any crimes to report? C'mon you guys.. I know you can dig something up if you really, really try.

-New York Man shocked by reverse mugging in Stonington. A tourist from New York City recently reported that the $400 he left sitting in the ATM drawer at Burnt Cove Market was not only scooped up by the person that was next to use the machine, but that the woman then ran through the parking lot like an insane person, yelling for him to stop. When he did, she handed him his $400 and walked back into the store... to buy groceries for her family with the last $25 she had to her name. The Man From New York City is reporting that his hatred of mankind has been broken and that he now actually believes that there are good people in the world.. they live in Maine. "The only place I would ever be the victim of a reverse mugging", he said as he shook his head.

Um, I guess I have to admit that I myself was once an accessory to a crime in Maine. It happened once in Bridgton. I was a passenger in a car when the driver made a u-turn. I must confess, I did not open my mouth to try and talk him out of it. Let's see, that was a few years ago. I can always hope the statute of limitations is up. If not, well, I guess you'd better call the authorities to come and get me. I'm prepared to pay for my foul deed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine