Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 05:01 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,972,362 times

Advertisements

Just had the great pleasure to actually meet in person dramamama and her hubby. Really nice folks, they stopped by our house here in Eastport this evening. I had told them to look for the yellow house on Boynton with the WV license plates and they found me. It's always so nice to put a face to a poster. We had a really nice talk for about 45 minutes.

Anyone else on here met in person?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2007, 05:05 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,421,138 times
How cool! I can't wait to meet many of you in person at our new house when we get moved. Going to throw a big bash!! Lot's of free booze!!!! Just bring your own dates!

Arzachena and her family are meeting us in Lafayette soon. It'll be the half-way point for both of us while they're down this far. I'm SO excited about the get-together. We'll take pics!

Old 09-10-2007, 05:06 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,099,406 times
WOO HOO! Corgis I just got to talk to her on the phone!! how cool is that?! I'm really, really going to try to get to see her before she heads back, and we decided we're coming to pick you up to go out if I can get back on my feet enough! I'm so excited! She's the first person I've ever talked to from here! She sounds great....and she's having a fantastic time. And Corgis, she loved meeting you!

Old 09-10-2007, 05:12 PM

Isn't that so neat after writing back and forth and getting to know such special people just to hear their voices for the first time. It's like seeing their face. Sometimes you peg them, like with FB, and sometimes they look so completely different than you expected. Usually a very nice surprise! Some people you think, oh well, they'll probably look sweet, then you see a pic, and think "*AMN! She/He's pretty hot!!"

Very cool experience most of the time! Just gotta watch out for the loonies!!

Old 09-10-2007, 05:19 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,972,362 times
Molly - that would be so cool to be with the two of you - we are leaving for WV on Thursday as is dramama and it would just be icing on my cake to spend some time, have lunch, just sit and talk, just to meet before I leave for the season.

Dramamama understood my user ID of corgis as soon as my 3 corgis met her and hubby at the door. I also use that ID to sell on eBay. I have been a member of the Q & A board there for almost 10 years. I volunteer answering questions from new users. So if any of you are selling or buying on eBay and have a question or problem, please let me know and I'll see if I can help.

Old 09-10-2007, 05:35 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,099,406 times
I'm hoping I'll be up for it! Keep your fingers crossed

That's good to know about eBay--I appreciate that!

Old 09-10-2007, 05:43 PM

Anyone know how to set up a conference call? Wouldn't that be fun?!

Old 09-10-2007, 07:42 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,653,708 times
haven't met anyone yet, but I am HOPING to when I get up that way the end of the month... just send me a direct message with your town and I'll email back and we can set up a time and a place... pick your favorite local hangout! I gotta do something besides knock on doors and hand out resumes...

Old 09-10-2007, 07:45 PM

37,461 posts, read 61,379,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Isn't that so neat after writing back and forth and getting to know such special people just to hear their voices for the first time. It's like seeing their face. Sometimes you peg them, like with FB, and sometimes they look so completely different than you expected. Usually a very nice surprise! Some people you think, oh well, they'll probably look sweet, then you see a pic, and think "*AMN! She/He's pretty hot!!"

Very cool experience most of the time! Just gotta watch out for the loonies!!
You 'pegged' me?

Then later you say that soemone else is 'hot', so obviously I am a different category other than 'hot'; yet you pegged me.

hmm.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:55 PM

37,461 posts, read 61,379,739 times
One lady who is a lurker here, she has never posted. Though she does read through these threads, noticed that she lives very near me.

And she is a customer at the Farmer's Market where I sell produce.

So she PM'ed me. Introduced herself, she said that she had been at market and thought that she knew who I was.

We met. Her, her husband and I.

We have been having Saturday evening dinners at each other's homes, we alternate each week who hosts that dinner.

We have now traded goats, I rake-up and haul away their surplus rabbit and goat manure [for my gardens]. I have helped them to haul hay. Last weekend I slaughtered a dozen rabbits for them. They are now buying feed for our hog and we intend to split the pork when I do butcher it.

They come to the VFW meat Raffles with us the last two months.

And I will soon be re-wiring their barn to bring heated drinking water to their chickens, goats and rabbits.

Her log-on here is: KiddinAroundFarm

//www.city-data.com/forum/membe...arm-69246.html

We will likely be driving to the Common Ground Fair together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine