Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2007, 04:20 PM

2,724 posts, read 6,429,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodocatme41 View Post
we can change the way. Free will. Babble with a lisp?
Hmm..... is it just me or are these posts refreshingly familiar?

Old 12-04-2007, 08:16 AM

455 posts, read 1,229,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Let's tell the truth View Post
Price of milk at Wall Mart $4.17 a gallon!!!
It's not made of oil is it?!?!?!
THAT is NOT a Maine thing. Florida..Milk prices 4.79 to 5.68
I say You should be thankful that you are in Maine drinking the Milk. Sure wish I was already. As the saying down here goes...."If you are lucky enough to live in Maine, you are lucky enough."

Old 12-04-2007, 08:47 PM

2 posts, read 3,946 times
Quote:
People who smile to your face and then talk about you behind your back.And before someone say's again that happen's everywhere I know but we are discussing Maine.

try people that smile to your face, then stab or shoot you in the back....i've been in s.florida for 18 years and not able to move back to maine...but i will be in june...you can come down here and take my place if you'd like....

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 12-04-2007 at 10:23 PM..

Old 12-04-2007, 08:48 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,390,517 times
And Maine will be glad to have you home.

Old 12-04-2007, 08:53 PM

52 posts, read 165,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbymoulton View Post
THAT is NOT a Maine thing. Florida..Milk prices 4.79 to 5.68
I say You should be thankful that you are in Maine drinking the Milk.
Milk prices are increasing everywhere because of sky rocketing corn prices. Demand for ethanol (for E85 gasoline and such) has driven up demand for corn (industrial ethanol is usu. corn based, at least in this country), which increases the price of corn. If you feed your cow corn, or take away cow grazing land to grow corn, then this makes taking care of your cow more expensive, which makes milk (and beef) more expensive. Now soda prices will increase too unless they start replacing all of that high fructose corn syrup with something else.

Old 12-04-2007, 08:56 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,390,517 times
Hmmm,... astute observation

Old 12-26-2007, 07:28 PM

228 posts, read 221,265 times
Supreme Court upholds man's drug conviction even though police found no drugs! Go to Maine Supreme Court Decisions to 12/20/07 State v. Lucien Woo and find out why this man deserves a 17 year sentence?? Also in the Bangor Daily News on 12/21/07

Old 12-26-2007, 07:34 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,108,794 times
LTTT I was just thinking a few hours ago how quiet the Maine forum had been!! lol....

Old 12-26-2007, 08:10 PM

37,476 posts, read 61,444,537 times
Quote:
Supreme Court upholds man's drug conviction even though police found no drugs! Go to Maine Supreme Court Decisions to 12/20/07 State v. Lucien Woo and find out why this man deserves a 17 year sentence?? Also in the Bangor Daily News on 12/21/07
In the dissenting opinion, Justice Donald Alexander wrote that the evidence was too flimsy to warrant a conviction.

"Today the court holds if a person ... had some of the ingredients to bake a cake, and someone once gave that person a recipe to bake a cake, then he can be found guilty of baking a cake, although no one saw him bake the cake, and no trace of a cake has ever been found,"Alexander wrote.

After his conviction, Woo was sentenced to seven years in prison.

Woo also was sentenced to 10 years in prison after pleading guilty to a second charge of unlawful trafficking and violating a condition of release after drug agents raided his home while he was awaiting trial on the initial charge.

Old 12-26-2007, 10:46 PM

9,424 posts, read 11,182,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Good point on the grinder/sub post!

A new downer for me. Todays front page of the Bangor Daily News has a story that I knew was coming for a long time, unfortunately I was right. Susan Collins (yes same Collins family LTTT referred to in the "Caribou sucks wind" Or whatever thread.) our nice Senator is running again for her third term, after promising in both her 98 and 02 campaigns that she would only seek 2 terms. According to the article she said she "underestimated the importance of seniority in Congress." Well La-Te-Da, who knew? Come on now, this speaks directly to her integrity, and this is coming from a lifelong Republican, who voted for her the last two times, even though I cannot stand her family up here. My first thought was "typical Collins, above their word they think." Will she be re-elected? Probably, we as a State tend to keep the same morons in office just because they are familiar I think. That is a bad thing about Maine in my opinion.
Most states do that. They think congress is corrupt, but they like/are addicted to the pork that their congressman brings back.
Congress sucks, but their congressman is worth voting for. hahahahaha
Kinda like I don't want my kid hangin with your kid because your kid does bad things and gets my kid in trouble.

One troubling aspect is that too often, the next generations seem to inherit their parents' congressional seats, because people are stoopid and they will vote for a familiar name. While we hold congress in contempt, they equally hold us the voters in contempt because there are enough stupid people who don't know the difference between Austria, Austin, and Australia...and who keep putting crooks back in office.

BTW, thinking of changing my name to Kennedy. Jack Kennedy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine