Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 08:05 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,671,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoFanMe View Post
It's good to see you here again Tim.
thanks... It's good to be seen!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2012, 11:46 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,749,873 times
The fact so many folks deem it important to express their sense of loss over Rhonda's passing speaks volumes with regard to her character and the influence she had on those with whom she had contact.

While Rhonda's physical time in our lives may have passed, she continues to live on in the hearts, thoughts, and memories of her friends.

We should all be so fortunate as to leave a similar impression on those we touch.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:15 AM

7,488 posts, read 10,490,127 times
Yes, I miss Rhonda too!

You're all correct...it was 3-4 years ago that we all got together here and traded barbs with each other. I always loved it. The Maine Forum on C-D seemed to be new to all of us, and a great deal of fun. I remember Ranger too, with his description of that scarecrow of his holding a beer can! The Mermaid, as I recall, was still in Florida when I first met her on C-D, and she'd write about some lizard on her windshield, freaking her out. "That's just the GEICO Gecko", I told her, and we had some fun with that one. Few knew how she loved dogs and dog shows. Once she found out that I'd been a professional dog handler some years ago, she wanted to know all about it, sending me messages, asking all sorts of questions. She said she was going to some dog shows, and seemed to look forward to it.

So I'm on the cusp of retirement at the end of this year, and we'll be looking up in Maine for a good place to settle down. If any of the folks I have gotten to know here are still around, maybe we can meet at last. But I'll admit that a meet-up would be better if Rhonda was there!

Old 06-17-2012, 04:54 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,671,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerguy1 View Post
The fact so many folks deem it important to express their sense of loss over Rhonda's passing speaks volumes with regard to her character and the influence she had on those with whom she had contact.

While Rhonda's physical time in our lives may have passed, she continues to live on in the hearts, thoughts, and memories of her friends.

We should all be so fortunate as to leave a similar impression on those we touch.
I keep looking for the "like button" on CD....Rhonda also turned me on to facebook....not so sure that was a good thing but thanks anyway dear!

Old 06-18-2012, 06:17 PM

3,638 posts, read 6,169,592 times
Default Rest In Peace My Friend

Mermaid

By Walter de le Mare

Leagues, leagues over the sea I sail
Couched on a wallowing dolphin's tail.

The sky is on fire, the waves a-sheen,
I dabble my foot in the billows green.

In a sea-weed hat on the rocks I sit,
where tern and sea-mew glide and beat,
and where dark shadows the cormorants meet.

In caverns cool when the tide's a wash,
I sound my conch to the watery splash.

From out their grottos at evenings beam,
the mermaids swim with locks agleam.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:11 PM

227 posts, read 415,376 times
Two years ago today, my husband and I, along with my sister and her husband, joined Rhonda for a very personalized "tour" of Harpswell. It was my husband's first time there (the rest of us had been there a time or two, though it had been years). It was a very special and fun day--even more special than I realized at the time.

Old 06-23-2012, 11:07 AM

1,180 posts, read 2,491,135 times
Leave it to Tim and Cornerguy to sum up what I was going to say. A note about Rhonda turning a bunch of people on to FB. She urged me and my wife to go to FB. I think most of the posters are great communicators, and the move to FB allowed us to communicate more, but on a lower level.

I think I prefer to speak about specific things, and questions I have, rather than to listen to the same old drivel from a lot of my FB friends. I was just thinking today that I was going to clean out my FB account. When a friend talks about the same thing over and over, with no resolution, I may just.....abandon them.

We all have issues that come and go in our lives, most of us put on our big boy/big girl underwear and deal with them. FB at times seems an outlet for whiners.

Yes, the dialog was great on CD 3-4 years ago. It does seem pretty mundane right now. I think FB may have numbed my communication skills a bit.

Rhonda and many on CD made the move to Maine relatively painless. I listened to what everyone said. I can think of at least 100 mistakes I didn't make because I listened to people on CD.

I came to CD also today to look for sniplets of Rhonda's humor. I know we all miss her. Two weeks ago I went to a celebration of life of another good friend. Over 250 people attended.

Life if short, live it with joy, and a lot of humor!

Last edited by maine4.us; 06-23-2012 at 11:09 AM.. Reason: wanna

Old 07-21-2012, 12:20 PM

26 posts, read 47,579 times
This is Jenkaye...now Chilepepper I miss her too. All her kind words and good advise. I still have her messages to me saved on here. Miss you all and talking about Maine daily. I'm still in Az and wishing I could move still. My kids are doing well here in Az and it has kept us here. They will be going to college in 6 years so I still have hope..lol

Old 07-21-2012, 05:30 PM

1,973 posts, read 5,225,413 times
Today (and many other days) I get spam e mail from her address. While this is annoying and scary from most of the addresses in my in box, I always smile and think of her when I hit the delete key.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine