Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 12:31 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,944,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineguy04654 View Post
Well first it is not a stupid vid. It is called HUMOR something often wasted on flatlanders one of the guys who opens for Bob Marley ( no not the singer Mainers you know of whom I speak ) has a very funny routine about a guy with a rabbit in his garden and he pisses off his neighbors shooting at it with a machine gun! Not as funny when you have to explain it. Not sure where you're relatives are at in Maine but here in Downeast we shoot for FUN. No animals where shot thus the humor also it is ILLEGAL to hunt with a machine gun or a suppressor in Maine even though I think that banning suppressor for hunting is amazingly stupid it is the law thus I obey it. If I did not I would not be able to have Machine guns and suppressors.

Those who have nothing relevant to say often resort to name calling and yelling this is the sign of a small mind that lacks the intellect to act socially with others.

PS I have been hunting my whole life. I got my first gun the day I was born and still have it. I have taught gun safety, hunters safety, CCW and high power for almost 20 years. I have shot in pretty much every form of firearm competition out there with the exception of trap and skeet though I do love to hunt birds. In the vid you see me shooting a gun nothing more.
While I have nothing against hunting for food by a skilled marksman, the very idea of blowing away an innocent animal for the sheer joy of seeing it killed is beyond repulsive. You may want to re-think what the example of a small mind lacking in intelligence really is. Hint: look in the mirror
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 07:23 PM

625 posts, read 791,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
While I have nothing against hunting for food by a skilled marksman, the very idea of blowing away an innocent animal for the sheer joy of seeing it killed is beyond repulsive. You may want to re-think what the example of a small mind lacking in intelligence really is. Hint: look in the mirror
You inability to read and comprehend what has taken place here is astounding. FYI I have shoot F-class for over 20 years.

Old 07-14-2014, 06:45 PM

1 posts, read 3,251 times
Fyi: Yes, you can hunt porcupine in maine.....seasoned all year and no limit either.

Old 07-15-2014, 09:15 AM

307 posts, read 1,589,241 times
BTW, porcupine still enjoying the comforts of our shed. My dad is there and hoping to get a friend to take care of it by trapping since we almost never see the porcupine. My dad is 85 and in ill health. We only make it to Maine to visit 2 weeks a year. Most of which is spent trying to keep our 125 yr old camp from falling down. Both my parents are from Maine and have never owned a gun, maybe it's the Quaker in them?
If my dad's friend does not have luck trapping it perhaps my Catholic husband will buy an air rifle and spend the night in the shed.

Old 07-15-2014, 09:27 AM

1,473 posts, read 3,200,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
If my dad's friend does not have luck trapping it perhaps my Catholic husband will buy an air rifle and spend the night in the shed.
Do NOT use an air rifle to attempt to kill or harrass a porcupine please. That's not humane in the least.

Old 07-15-2014, 01:23 PM

307 posts, read 1,589,241 times
Will it just injure instead of kill it?

Old 07-15-2014, 03:08 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
Will it just injure instead of kill it?
good chance....

if you have a .22

that would do the job

ive had bb guns since I can remember,
and we learned real quick, the pump air rifles were quite powerful for a bb gun,, but they can injure and not kill an animal..

Old 07-16-2014, 06:08 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,718,464 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRFCw1inAvI

you could feed it and make it your pet?

Old 07-16-2014, 11:39 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times
Please don't poison it. There's some a-hole here that poisons raccoons and possums. They frequently wind up in my yard for me to clean up. The last one was a baby possum gasping in the ally by my garage last month. It's a horrifying death and extremely cruel.

Old 07-17-2014, 01:54 PM

12,420 posts, read 3,231,602 times
What idiot would hurt a porcupine??? Come on
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: