Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 01:12 PM

6,631 posts, read 13,544,749 times

Advertisements

I wish I'd thought to post that link a couple of times already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineguy04654 View Post
Now we get legal advice from people not even here. First they are NOT close to being endangered. Second there are so many IE overpopulation there is a OPEN season on them and there has been for many years Meaning you can shoot as many as you all day every day all year ( except Sundays ) please keep to the facts. For those of you who think this person's statement had any validity at all go the the IFW website and read for yourself.

http://www.maine.gov/ifw/hunting_tra...sonsChart1.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2013, 01:22 PM

1,617 posts, read 5,675,395 times
Sorry for not being from the beautiful state of Maine before I commented.

I did not say that porcupines were endangered. In fact, I said that they're not.

I did not give legal advice either--I'm not a lawyer. I merely suggested making a PHONE CALL because of one little thing I learned as a kid on a field trip to the zoo--namely that they don't exactly breed like rabbits. Therefore, IF they were ever over-hunted, the population would take a while to bounce back.

So, why not ask your tax-supported "friendly woodsman" if, from a conservationist point of view, killing one is the right thing to do, or if relocation is preferable? That's all.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:49 PM

625 posts, read 792,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegonagle View Post
So, why not ask your tax-supported "friendly woodsman" if, from a conservationist point of view, killing one is the right thing to do, or if relocation is preferable? That's all.
Because we do not have any "tax-supported friendly woodsman" we do however have all us hunters who having to deal with them know the law. Also because we are not a liberal state we are Mainers we hunt & fish. If a animal is a nuisance we shoot it. When you live out where the "local" pd is a half hour drive away you do not rely on them you rely on yourself and those around you.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
I wish I'd thought to post that link a couple of times already.
Yes I seen that I was reiterating the point did not mean to steal you thunder...

Old 07-13-2013, 01:23 AM

1,617 posts, read 5,675,395 times
Quote:
Because we do not have any "tax-supported friendly woodsman" we do however have all us hunters who having to deal with them know the law. Also because we are not a liberal state we are Mainers we hunt & fish. If a animal is a nuisance we shoot it. When you live out where the "local" pd is a half hour drive away you do not rely on them you rely on yourself and those around you.
You think we don't hunt and fish in Minnesota?

We have four seasons here: fishing season, deer season, ice fishing season, and waiting for the lakes to thaw.

Old 07-13-2013, 03:55 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,544,749 times
Quote:
Yes I seen that I was reiterating the point did not mean to steal you thunder...
Not a problem! It was too easy to resist and I know you can take a poke with a sense of humor. Better that it's out there a few times than not at all. By now the point should be pretty clear - it's not illegal to shoot a pest.

Old 07-13-2013, 07:12 AM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times
Quote:

We have four seasons here: fishing season, deer season, ice fishing season, and waiting for the lakes to thaw.
We have:
almost-wintah
wintah,
still-wintah,
and construction.

Old 07-13-2013, 07:56 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
We have:
almost-wintah
wintah,
still-wintah,
and construction.
mud-season's in there somewhere after winter and before road construction

Old 07-13-2013, 05:13 PM

Quote:

Been there just a lot of Lutherans eating lutefisk.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:22 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,720,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangorme View Post
Yeah, BEFORE I ate a porcupine I'd need a shot of whiskey. And I'd have to be pretty darn hungry.
One of the funniest quotes I heard was when eating a lobster.... Who ever ate the first one must have been pretty hungry!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: