Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 05:16 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,215,223 times

Advertisements

Me And My Family Would Like To Wish Every One A Verry Happy Thanks Giveing.
Be Safe On The Roads .you Guys Are Great .
RESPECTFULY . JT,KATHLEEN&KIDS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2007, 09:47 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,767,105 times
Happy Thanksgiving wishes from north of the border.

I've already had one Thanksgiving feast this fall, but will be able to indulge yet again thanks to an American wife who has made it her priority to thin out the ranks of the turkey population.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:55 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,412,815 times
I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving

http://bestsmileys.com/thanksgiving/4.gif (broken link)

Old 11-21-2007, 10:19 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,764,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerguy1 View Post
Happy Thanksgiving wishes from north of the border.

I've already had one Thanksgiving feast this fall, but will be able to indulge yet again thanks to an American wife who has made it her priority to thin out the ranks of the turkey population.
Have a great second Thanksgiving

Old 11-22-2007, 06:13 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,133,282 times
Hi Everyone! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Enjoy your day

Old 11-22-2007, 07:49 AM

48,285 posts, read 22,061,544 times
Back on the East Coast, you probably have your turkeys in the oven and the vegetables peeled and sitting in salted water on the stove or you're getting on your way to visit loved ones. I just heard from my South Carolinian son checking with Dad about what temp and how long to cook his bird. He also wanted to brag a little about a coconut custard he was baking for desert in two pumpkin shells.

Have a great day.

(BigNHfamily: I did go with the brine for the turkey, thanks).

Old 11-22-2007, 08:04 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,453,503 times
Happy Thanksgiving, all! Sorry, I don't have time to chat today. I'm already cooking myself into a frenzy, and only have until 1:00 to get it all done.

Be safe in your travels, enjoy your loved ones and don't eat till you're sick!

See you all soon!

Old 11-22-2007, 08:05 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,453,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Back on the East Coast, you probably have your turkeys in the oven and the vegetables peeled and sitting in salted water on the stove or you're getting on your way to visit loved ones. I just heard from my South Carolinian son checking with Dad about what temp and how long to cook his bird. He also wanted to brag a little about a coconut custard he was baking for desert in two pumpkin shells.

Have a great day.

(BigNHfamily: I did go with the brine for the turkey, thanks).
Sounds wonderful! I'm so glad that real men cook now days!! It's refreshing.

Old 11-22-2007, 11:48 AM

48,285 posts, read 22,061,544 times
I made a "to die for" stuffing with oyster mushrooms, Jimmy Dean sage sausage, shallots, celery, yellow onion, simmered and chopped giblets, grated carrot, and dried bagette cubed for the bread, moistened with broth and flavored with Bells Seasoning. I am cooking it seperate, because I dont want it to get too soggy and it has wonderful flavor already. I can't wait!

Old 11-22-2007, 01:08 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,669,012 times
I am thankful that the day started off with the BIG doggie waking me up to go out -- rather than the alternative -- even though I could not go back to sleep again.

I am thankful for my foggy night with the Norns on Tuesday. It set things in motion and set me in a frame of mind for this season.

I am thankful that my kids have each other and their families and can come together in a bunch out west. I was there last year, for which I am also thankful.

I am thankful that I have an oven (one year I did not) and a kitchen (even though it is NOT efficient for the kind of cooking I have been doing today) and 4 walls and a roof (even though it's too big a place, in the wrong place and leaks).

I am thankful for solitude, for finally being in a place where I could ask for it. And for close friends -- even though none are close at hand -- and for other good friends and good clients (and some not-so-good ones, but then we all have our challenges). And I am thankful for challenges, changes, growing opportunities even though they rock the boat.

I am thankful that I have a part time job where I am appreciated, as well as paid.

I am thankful for my spiritual path and for the many things I am learning.

I am thankful that I can be apart from the world... that I can turn off the TV and turn off the radio and listen to the birds (indoors and out) and the tap of claws on the wood floor and the burble of the water. I am thankful for family and friends that do not judge the quality of the love by the cost of the present. I am thankful that I can live my reality and that I don't have to buy into unattainable, pre-made fantasies.

I am thankful that I am me, and you are you, (Bo-bop-a-do) and that we have this forum in which to share thoughts and ideas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: