Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2008, 10:28 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,661,299 times

Advertisements

Sarah Michelle Gellar is one beautiful woman!

Old 06-13-2008, 06:46 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,336,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwalker View Post
Sounds like my girls! We had auto shop in our home school, mostly taught by Mom. They all had to be "signed off" on a number of things before graduation, including: changing oil, filter, spark plugs and wires (old cars... ), changing a tire and correctly diagnosing a problem that required a professional mechanic. They all did it, including #3 daughter, who was so gung-ho at age 12 she insisted on getting her tire change signed off at that young age. Now, mind you she was well under 98 lbs in snow gear AND dripping wet! LOL and it was on a cold winter day in WA that we got the tire she elected to change.

We got LOTS of strange looks, glares and I honestly expected Child Protection Services to pay us a visit, as the whole family was along on that trip, and standing around outside watching Tali, and cheering her on as she put ALL her weight into jumping on the tire iron to loosen the lug nuts (a trick she learned from Mom in the days when there was a bit less of me <g>).

She did it, despite the tires weighing more than she did, I think. And she got most of her suggestions as to how to do it without being "big enough" from her two older sisters (14 and 16).

And you are right about them telling the guys to get out of the way... I know my eldest did several times to her husband, who was quite a bright fellow but knew less than nothing about auto mechanics.
It's true. Anytime your kids do things that you were accustom to as a kid yourself, you fear someone will come in and tell you that's not proper or yet take your kids.
If I'm raising my girls wrong now, then all our parents would be in prison for being bad parents. Who would be raising us???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
I thought I robbed all the nests. Obviously not. I'm not prepared for them so I put four bales of mulch hay together to make a pen. It'll do for today. I've chased these guys through 2' tall grass, been threatened by their mother and even had one running through the house when I forgot to secure the window down on the incubator and stuck one in there to keep track of it. They've been a royal pain in the hiney today but aren't they cute!
MW's ducks are being sneaky. I bet they were having a discussion about her in the barn. "That crazy women's coming back to take our eggs.... that's it we'll out smart her. (Leader duck points his wing and says) "You lay your eggs over in the hay and make sure they are hidden, she'll never think of looking in there."

You got some smart ducky's MW. hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
Halle Barry is one beautiful woman
Okay .. how did this happen? I'm sitting here with a Tornado style hair style with out of lick of make up on. I can't be thinking about natural beauity at this hour. Your killin' me Maineah.

Last edited by peachie_in_maine; 06-13-2008 at 06:48 AM.. Reason: had to fix morning spelling errors

Old 06-13-2008, 06:56 AM

37,441 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Quote:
Angelina Jolie is one beautiful woman!
I think that here in Maine we have better looking ladies.

Old 06-13-2008, 08:28 AM

6,630 posts, read 13,535,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
You get brownie points!

Old 06-13-2008, 11:32 AM

Quote:
You get brownie points!

Just calling is as I see it maam

Old 06-13-2008, 01:36 PM

Quote:
MW's ducks are being sneaky. I bet they were having a discussion about her in the barn. "That crazy women's coming back to take our eggs.... that's it we'll out smart her. (Leader duck points his wing and says) "You lay your eggs over in the hay and make sure they are hidden, she'll never think of looking in there."

You got some smart ducky's MW. hehe

Okay .. how did this happen? I'm sitting here with a Tornado style hair style with out of lick of make up on. I can't be thinking about natural beauity at this hour. Your killin' me Maineah.
Mother duck and her little duckies three moved to their new home two days ago. They were last seen swimming in their new pond. By now there are probably six more ducks swimming with them.

Hair? Good gawd my hair looks like it's been in a tornado today. In case anyone was thinking about trying it, bug spray is not an effective hair spray in 30 mph winds. It's so wild I could dye it black, black out a tooth, stick a wart on my nose and be ready for Halloween four months early.

Old 06-13-2008, 02:01 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,186,569 times
Quote:
... Hair? Good gawd my hair looks like it's been in a tornado today. In case anyone was thinking about trying it, bug spray is not an effective hair spray in 30 mph winds. It's so wild I could dye it black, black out a tooth, stick a wart on my nose and be ready for Halloween four months early.
Or you could sit on that old couch with RANGER.101ST, wearing a blue tarp, drinking beer and waving to the passing neighbors

Old 06-13-2008, 02:23 PM

That's a good idea. I wouldn't have to get a wart on my nose for that!

Old 06-13-2008, 02:25 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,661,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Yes in the summer...then they all go home!

Old 06-13-2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Yes in the summer...then they all go home!

Thats mean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine