Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2008, 06:21 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,345,558 times

Advertisements

I am looking at tractors as part of the equipment we will be needing on our Maine farm. I currently own an older, high hours Case 580. It will be sold before we move as it's not practical for what we need on the farm.

One of the tractors I'm looking at is as follows -

"2003 L3830 Kubota tractor with woods 9000 backhoe,bush hog ,tiller,grader,box scraper,york rake,sprayer,forks,snow blower,post hole digger and Retco 10,400 tilt traler,used by home owner very clean with service records."

Pretty much covers everything we would ever need. I have heard lots of good things about kubota's but was wondering if any of you have any experience with them. What would be a fair price for such a tractor w/ all these accessories and trailer.

Thanks for any input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 07:30 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,671,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignhfamily View Post
I am looking at tractors as part of the equipment we will be needing on our Maine farm. I currently own an older, high hours Case 580. It will be sold before we move as it's not practical for what we need on the farm.

One of the tractors I'm looking at is as follows -

"2003 L3830 Kubota tractor with woods 9000 backhoe,bush hog ,tiller,grader,box scraper,york rake,sprayer,forks,snow blower,post hole digger and Retco 10,400 tilt traler,used by home owner very clean with service records."

Pretty much covers everything we would ever need. I have heard lots of good things about kubota's but was wondering if any of you have any experience with them. What would be a fair price for such a tractor w/ all these accessories and trailer.

Thanks for any input.
I don't know much about Kubota tractors but those used attachments are worth between $10,000 and $15,000 depending on what shape they're in.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:49 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,749,873 times
Of the "foreign" tractors, I've always liked Kubota best. They make a tough little 3-cylinder deisel that doesn't have a lot of quit in it, and the tractors have modern systems unlike some other offshore names like Belarus or Universal.

My only concern about the 3830 would be its size.

38 engine hp is fine for utility uses, but far too small for practical field use.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:10 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,671,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerguy1 View Post
My only concern about the 3830 would be its size.

38 engine hp is fine for utility uses, but far too small for practical field use.
I'd have to agree with Cornerguy here. We have a New Holland with a 33hp three cylinder diesel in it. It does well for the size of the engine but if I had to do it all over again I would go with something in at least the 45 HP range 55 is even better. My Father-in-law has a 55 HP John Deere and it will run circles around the 33HP tractor. He runs a big wood chipper off it and I don't think my little tractor would even turn it. If you're just doing some mowing, tilling, snow plowing and,basic trenching the 38 hp would probably be ok.
Especially if you get a good price with all of those attachments. I'd have to believe that anyone selling all of those attachments is either getting out of owning a tractor altogether or moving to a larger sized machine where keeping the attachments would be impractical. I know if I went to a bigger tractor I would get larger attachments.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:36 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,345,558 times
Thanks for the input!
It would just be for a general utility tractor but I was concerned about the size.
We also have a older portable sawmill that I would want to utilize the tractor to move logs around for. Right now I have a friend that uses his skid steer for that job, but I'm pretty sure that 45hp or better.

Old 03-06-2008, 11:27 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,686,915 times
I have a 32 HP L3000 Kubota and love it. For me it's perfect. I have a Woods 750 back hoe and associated equipment including a 60 inch snow blower. It is one size smaller than the one you are looking at.

The one you are looking at should be worth $26,000 with all the goodies IF it is a low hour machine. To my mind that would be 2,000 hours or below.

I love my Kubota. There are several good dealers in Maine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine