Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2008, 06:45 PM

323 posts, read 992,691 times

Advertisements

Hope your thumb get's better Molly! Fingers always hurt so bad when they get smashed, bent, twisted and pinched.

I just got a laptop for our business and I can actually get on the internet so much faster and can catch up on all things Maine. My daughter was asking me when we would get back to Maine and I don't think it will happen this year with all we have to accomplish at our new house but looking at the photo's made me want to find a way there no matter what!

Our other house still hasn't sold not even one offer on it, the market is so sad over here. Hope your enjoying your weather and I really miss it there this time of the year. I think it's neat you all are meeting, this is such a nice group of people-

Old 06-28-2008, 07:33 PM

612 posts, read 1,215,907 times
Molly...sorry about your thumb. I got your numbers in my book and DM'ed you mine.

Wow..nine for lunch...that's definitely a party!!

We had an ice dam this past winter with a water leak in a closet and a rain gutter that came lose but everything else seems okay.

Old 06-28-2008, 07:42 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,661,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
lol 7th that was good! I love it!!

And 7 for lunch?! How cool is that! I'm so excited, we're going to have a great time!!

MEnME I wasn't positive I was going to make it. I'm heading down there today too. We had a chimney leak in the rear of the house this winter. We've since had it taken down below the roof line and the roof patched, but what a mess we've got. I think the most upsetting part isn't the cleanup but the fact that the moisture caused some warping of the original wainscotting (can't spell this morning and I'm leaving it!). The house won't be remodeled until we're down there full time, that's nine years til Jake graduates! I just don't want the damage like we had this year. Anyway, today we finish the clean up from that, then get everything wiped down, top to bottom! I didn't know if I'd make it because on Wednesday when we went out scouting for the Jeep trip I did the ultimate no-no. I had my thumbs on the inside of the steering wheel.....which I KNOW better, but wasn't even thinking. I hit a particularly rough patch, the wheel snapped, and caught my thumb. I didn't break it, thank God, but I don't think it would have hurt any more if I had! So, yesterday I know that it would really hurt if I went, but the I decided I'm not damaging it any more, it will just take longer to heal. So, 5 ibuprofen later I started cleaning! I'm DMing you my phone number though so you'll have it
Molly I KNOW how much that hurts. I whacked my thumb full on with a hammer putting a hubcap in my brother's truck last year. That thumb still hurts today over a year later! I KNOW it broke the bone in the end of the thumb because it healed funny. I didn't bother getting it x-rayed as there was nothing they could do for it anyway! My only regret is I'll never be able to play the piano! ( I couldn't before either!)

Old 06-28-2008, 09:44 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,745,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maine4.us View Post
Maybe everyone should open their posts with "Here in Maine........" then continue their post, that would keep the thread about Maine topic......

How bout it moderators?? Does that pass muster?

After much consideration, deep thought, and serious cogitation ........ nope.

Seriously, folks, the forum board is intended as a general information source while Direct Message and the Social Groups were meant for more informal, personal interactions.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:35 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,096,282 times
Hey---fireworks tomorrow night! July 1 is Canada Day!! Hope the rain and fog clears....

Old 06-30-2008, 08:43 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,096,282 times
ok, today we should have the house in Eastport completely cleaned....this has not been fun---leaky chimneys over the winter cause an amazing amount of damage, and mildew--ick. But, today Katy is putting down one of the peel and stick floors in the kitchen and Amy and I are going to get the downstairs bath cleaned and do some painting Tomorrow of course, we're not able to go because Katy and I have a lunch date can't wait....maybe we can plan for the 4th too!

Last edited by mollysmiles; 06-30-2008 at 08:44 AM.. Reason: spelling....

Old 06-30-2008, 06:25 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,418,445 times
Awww! Wish we were there to help,M!! But once it's done, it will be well worth the effort, I'm sure. Then you can just sit back and enjoy the fireworks!

Old 06-30-2008, 10:05 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,745,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
Hey---fireworks tomorrow night! July 1 is Canada Day!! Hope the rain and fog clears....
Some of us got an early start on the festivities with our fireworks tonight. It's amazing how quickly $750 worth of powder can go up in smoke.

To any poor lost Canadians hiding in Maine, Happy Canada Day!

Now on to July 4th!

Old 07-01-2008, 04:21 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,336,890 times
Canada day is going to be crazy on this area too. We were by the border last night and the cars (from both bridge were just short of a mile long.
We wanted to go there last night for dinner, but traffic was crazy.
Happy Canada Day to all those who do celebrate with me. ( I have too, Steve is from Canada and I'm from "Maine" hehe)

Old 07-01-2008, 04:46 AM

48,110 posts, read 21,992,097 times
"Happy Canada Day" to all our Canadian neighbors and to all those who are spending it with us!
Proudly you can sing:

"Oh Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command."

Last edited by elston; 07-01-2008 at 06:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine