Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2007, 08:38 PM

14 posts, read 48,025 times

Advertisements

Anyone know any good websites for jobs and houses for rent? The newspapers don't seem to have much. I did find www.jobsinme.com which seems to be a pretty good source as well as monster.com, careerbuilder.com, and other nationwide sites. As for rental sites we have found a few realtor sites that list a few homes for rent but not much. We're looking at the mid-coast area with most of our focus on Lincoln county. Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2007, 12:33 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,697,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montana to maine View Post
Anyone know any good websites for jobs and houses for rent? The newspapers don't seem to have much. I did find www.jobsinme.com which seems to be a pretty good source as well as monster.com, careerbuilder.com, and other nationwide sites. As for rental sites we have found a few realtor sites that list a few homes for rent but not much. We're looking at the mid-coast area with most of our focus on Lincoln county. Thanks for your help.
Go to craigslist. There a quite a few rentals on that site.

Old 03-07-2007, 04:26 PM

59 posts, read 265,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montana to maine View Post
try this web site, under business directory there is a pull down menu with links to all the newspspers in Lincoln County. http://www.coastalinc.com (broken link)

Old 03-07-2007, 04:46 PM

2,724 posts, read 6,426,329 times
Try www.employmenttimesonline.com Good Luck!~

Old 03-08-2007, 06:27 AM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times
Moving my family up here, we needed an apartment to let, for the first winter while I built our house. The apartment that I found and rented was not listed. I did try the newspapers, but I found that more folks put up a sign than list in the newspaper.

It is just like when folks sale their houses or land. Around here they dont list with a realtor, and they dont put it in the papers.

Old 03-10-2007, 04:53 PM

276 posts, read 848,810 times
Montana to Maine, some day I hope to be you. I am looking to become Maine to Montana, but I'm starting to have my doubts, you all on this forum(for MT) and the Butte Rats forum don't seem to friendly. I think they do it to keep out of staters out. Also for jobs check out the Maine Career Center(unemployment office site) not sure of the address but if you type in Maine Career Center it should come up

Good luck in your search in Maine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: