Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 10:06 AM

3 posts, read 7,042 times

Advertisements

Sorry about all the garbage on my previous post. Must be a PC coping problum. It wasn't like that when I previewed it. Brett

Old 10-03-2008, 09:17 AM

86 posts, read 226,895 times
As I have mentioned on other threads....

I had some scared last year in AUGUSTA MAINE of all places, after moving back from all over (NY, NJ, VA, etc etc...). I walked about 1/2 mile to work where I waitressed, and the streets that I walked on had scarey guys that had stalked me, homeless men trying to talk to me and/or give me something, etc. I was drug-free, but the apartment complex that I lived in bought POUNDS of pot for themselves from out of state each month. Pills were abused daily, leading to oxycontin addictions which led many astray to heroine and/or heroine like substances. The economy is poor, and for a young person (unless youre an avid mainer who wants to work on a farm or in a rundown daycare) there is absolutely no promise. I want to be successful, so I am working the hell out of myself, climbing a latter via what I did before i moved back :domestic work. Im in transition right now from a job I held in a beautiful part of LI NY and Manhattan, to Freehold, NJ.

You can hold whatever opinion you like, but I thought it would be unnatural not to get the word that I know out there.

Be blessed.

Old 10-03-2008, 09:24 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,098,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLizzy View Post

I had some scared last year in AUGUSTA MAINE of all places, after moving back from all over (NY, NJ, VA, etc etc...). I walked about 1/2 mile to work where I waitressed, and the streets that I walked on had scarey guys that had stalked me, homeless men trying to talk to me and/or give me something, etc. I was drug-free, but the apartment complex that I lived in bought POUNDS of pot for themselves from out of state each month. Pills were abused daily, leading to oxycontin addictions which led many astray to heroine and/or heroine like substances. The economy is poor, and for a young person (unless youre an avid mainer who wants to work on a farm or in a rundown daycare) there is absolutely no promise. I want to be successful, so I am working the hell out of myself, climbing a latter via what I did before i moved back :domestic work. Im in transition right now from a job I held in a beautiful part of LI NY and Manhattan, to Freehold, NJ.

You can hold whatever opinion you like, but I thought it would be unnatural not to get the word that I know out there.

Be blessed.
and who did you report all this horrible activity to??

Old 10-03-2008, 09:36 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,972,202 times
I just gotta tell you that to be successful, spelling counts.

Old 10-03-2008, 06:49 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,210,516 times
Quote:

Be blessed.
this isnt the augusta i know ( i lived there for a few yrs)

i must have missed the drug dealing apartment complex....you mentioned..

Old 10-03-2008, 07:55 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,202,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
this isnt the augusta i know ( i lived there for a few yrs)

i must have missed the drug dealing apartment complex....you mentioned..
sure you no where it is,its just up the street from the booz hut just around the corner from lighter up ally.we try to go there once or twice a month to keep stockd up.ha, those of you who dont no me im kidding

Old 10-04-2008, 03:34 PM

I lived on Bridge street and State street, because it is what I could afford. You can make the comments all that you would like. Assume as you will, I was trying to help people out and get the word out that Augusta is not what some people think that it is.
Be blessed!

Lizzy

Old 10-04-2008, 03:47 PM

AND furthermore:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
and who did you report all this horrible activity to??
Oh, thats right. I should report all of these things, that way the people that are already sucking up our tax money, well they will get what is coming. Clean sheets and hot meals. Yes, yes thats right. You know, for most of these people, jail would be welcomed and an improvement of lifestyle. Also, I called my guy friends when I had problems. They were more reliable. As far as the other stuff that didnt put me in danger, if its not my business I keep my nose out of it. I mentioned it in the blog to discourage people from coming into a rundown city. :-D
Au reviore!

Old 10-04-2008, 03:55 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,210,516 times
Quote:
I lived on Bridge street and State street, because it is what I could afford. You can make the comments all that you would like. Assume as you will, I was trying to help people out and get the word out that Augusta is not what some people think that it is.
Be blessed!

Lizzy
i see you are in new jersey now, the cleanest state in the union,,,,,,

Old 10-04-2008, 04:23 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,972,202 times
Quote:
AND furthermore:

Oh, thats right. I should report all of these things, that way the people that are already sucking up our tax money, well they will get what is coming. Clean sheets and hot meals. Yes, yes thats right. You know, for most of these people, jail would be welcomed and an improvement of lifestyle. Also, I called my guy friends when I had problems. They were more reliable. As far as the other stuff that didnt put me in danger, if its not my business I keep my nose out of it. I mentioned it in the blog to discourage people from coming into a rundown city. :-D
Au reviore!

Augusta is no more rundown than any other city in any other state in the nation. There must be something good about Augusta, betcha a lot of people really like Augusta. I think that perhaps some tolerence is needed, no place is all that bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine