Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 12:48 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,666,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangorme View Post
You can pick your fence and you can pick the caliber, but you can't pick your neighbors.
Yes but you can pick them up off your lawn if they tresspass in a threatening way!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2014, 08:29 PM

6 posts, read 78,306 times
Wow haven't visited this in quite some time and now see some of your replies! What a hoot! Anyway, I finally took the pesty neighbor to court for harassment. Judge said one more time, no matter whether 1 month or 10 years and he'd have a restraining order and not allowed to come within 500 feet of me. We are the only 2 down here on this part of our road but one side of our property s only 20 feet from his house. He has since calmed down quite a bit, THANK GOODNESS! I hear he had a bad accident on a motorcycle last year and a very good friend died. Maybe that forced what real problems are rather than inventing them. That and he mostly rents his cabin now to tourists who are SO MUCH NICER! For now, problem seems over. But I have thought that a time to 2 over the years! Positive thinking. And he doesn't own the property- his girlfriend does!
(And YES- he calls us hippies, refers to our place as the "Ethopian Hut". Seems he mistakes Costa Rica for Ethiopia ) Yes he does!

Old 12-07-2014, 10:09 AM

348 posts, read 416,004 times
Wow! I'm sorry to hear it came to that. Perhaps he's just jealous that "those hippies" can afford 3 separate residences!
Thank you for keeping us updated, though. Lots of times on forums, people post and there's never any follow-up.

BTW I am not living in Maine (yet?), but already feel like this is my home away from home. I like to keep up on potential problems as well as the good stuff. Neighbour issues like that are part of the reason I'm looking for property with a bit of "cushion".

I do like the idea somebody suggested regarding sweets. I often keep people plied with free pastries, teas, cookies, etc. in the hopes that:
a) It brings a smile to somebody's face.
b) Will help that person look more favourably upon me.

-T.

Old 12-10-2014, 10:27 AM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
I would find the biggest meanest redneck I could and rent him your place for dirt cheap and maybe let it slip that the neighbor is a "pro communist,anti-2nd amendment and a member of MamBLA." Light the fuse and walk far away!

bill
Better to rent to an uber sensitve liberal who would find offense at the slightest provocation, begin crying and hire Gloria Allred to dicover and prosecute a violation of some social justice rule de jour....for gratis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine