Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 05:00 AM

346 posts, read 786,440 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know when I can find bulk ammo at a good price ( in State )?

I just read some horror stories about ammo on line and checked ammo prices.

Ammo has gone up 4 fold since I last bought anything in quantity.

Word around the Garden State is the $20 box of 9mm will go up as much as 20 fold after June of this year.

Yup, I said 20 fold. Intell indicates that it could hit $200 a box of 50.

God Bless America ( except for New Jersey )

Last edited by 7th generation; 05-22-2009 at 04:36 PM.. Reason: please leave politics out of the post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 05:34 AM

740 posts, read 1,882,499 times
My dad could not find .22 ammo around the Bangor area a couple of weeks ago. I think he finally ordered on line. Ammo is getting scarce and a lot of people are stock piling. Good luck in your search.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:16 AM

1,402 posts, read 3,501,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClownShoes View Post
Does anyone know when I can find bulk ammo at a good price ( in State )?

I just read some horror stories about ammo on line and checked ammo prices.

Ammo has gone up 4 fold since I last bought anything in quantity.

Word around the Garden State is the $20 box of 9mm will go up as much as 20 fold after June of this year.

Yup, I said 20 fold. Intell indicates that it could hit $200 a box of 50.

God Bless America ( except for New Jersey )
Sooooooo...were you really interested in finding out about bulk ammo prices (in the Maine forum and you are in NJ, no less?) or were you REALLY interested in getting a little Friday morning political pot-stirring going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClownShoes View Post
( BTW, I didn't vote for him )
No, really?

Old 05-22-2009, 08:08 AM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times
Our eldest son bought a couple thousand rounds of 7.62x54mm a couple months ago. He found that the best price he could get was to combine his order with a local gunsmith.

The same goes for getting a 'new' Mosin-nagant. Many places have been offering them for cheap. But after shipping and the dealer's surcharge, it was cheaper to buy one from a local dealer.

Old 05-22-2009, 12:57 PM

1,664 posts, read 4,366,803 times
It's a national thing....shelves are empty in CO too...and I'm still waiting on my .380 ammo that's been backordered with Cabelas since March.

If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words

Old 05-22-2009, 01:36 PM

346 posts, read 786,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbill View Post
Sooooooo...were you really interested in finding out about bulk ammo prices (in the Maine forum and you are in NJ, no less?) or were you REALLY interested in getting a little Friday morning political pot-stirring going?

No, really?

"In State, does mean the State of Maine"

Why else post here?

Old 05-22-2009, 06:42 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,686,915 times
Clownshoes posts here because he is well established in the state of Maine. I helped him out a couple of winters back in his time of need and the two of us went out on snowshoes to look at land. He owns property here, shoots here and wants to support our local economy.

Footnote: Last year George Bush sent me an economic stimulus wood splitter. This year Barak Hussein Obama sent me $250 worth of ammunition. Life is good.

Somebody posted: "If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words."

Then spoons must cause Rosie O'Donnell to be fat.

I was off the board for a week due to a visit to an island off the coast of Maine.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:51 PM

1,194 posts, read 4,127,679 times
I just purchsed 223 ammo at $9.46 a box of 20...I maxed my allotment and got 6 boxes and my buddy got 6 boxes then they were all out for who knows how long.....$9.46 a box of 20 is an OK price since we in Flroida are having a really tough time geting ammo in any quantity. I also bought 357 and 38 special ammo for my 2 handguns and paid twice as much as I would have 6 months ago. I also waited 2 months for the ammo...

We will see what is up at the West Palm Beach gun show tomorrow. The sellers usually sell ammo in bags of 100 but who knows what we will find.

Old 10-26-2010, 12:26 PM

1 posts, read 5,568 times
Default Bulk Ammo

Hello all! I'm the new guy here. Just signed up and ready to roll. I will ask you more experienced folks for some advise. Lets say I have a considerable amount of ammo, hypothetical of course, that I wish to sell. Can I use this forum to do that???? And since I'm also a new Maine resident, are there any laws I should be aware of in such a transaction? Again I'm new and don't want to misuse the site. Your input will be greatly appreciated.

Also, is it possible to send a private message to another member?

Old 10-26-2010, 12:48 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FUEVO1 View Post
Hello all! I'm the new guy here. Just signed up and ready to roll. I will ask you more experienced folks for some advise. Lets say I have a considerable amount of ammo, hypothetical of course, that I wish to sell. Can I use this forum to do that????
No.

Quote:
... And since I'm also a new Maine resident, are there any laws I should be aware of in such a transaction?
Dont drop heavy weights on your foot.

Quote:
... Again I'm new and don't want to misuse the site. Your input will be greatly appreciated.
Last weekend was a gun show in Waterville.

The next ones I see are Jan 22-23 in Waterville, and April 23-24 in Biddeford.

If your talking about one to ten thousand rounds I would think that you could move that through any gun dealer.

If you have a larger quantity you may need to contact a gun club or wait for a gun show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine