Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 10:31 AM

2 posts, read 6,225 times

Advertisements

Yes you are right, and a couple of post early a person stated that "I don't think using turn signals is a law"...hence why Maine is number 37 (out of 50) on KNOWLEDGE OF TRAFFIC LAWS......we have lost our BASIC respect for driving....there is a law for using turn signals, and there is a law for junk on your windshield...you can bet that if I am ever in a vehicle accident (reagrdless of fault)...and if I see junk on the other vehicles windshield, I am going to be sure and get pictures for my insurance company, so I won't have to be 100% responsible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 12:14 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,972,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swcejk2002 View Post
Yes you are right, and a couple of post early a person stated that "I don't think using turn signals is a law"...hence why Maine is number 37 (out of 50) on KNOWLEDGE OF TRAFFIC LAWS......we have lost our BASIC respect for driving....there is a law for using turn signals, and there is a law for junk on your windshield...you can bet that if I am ever in a vehicle accident (reagrdless of fault)...and if I see junk on the other vehicles windshield, I am going to be sure and get pictures for my insurance company, so I won't have to be 100% responsible.

I'm not sure what you mean by "junk on your windshield" - Our windshield has our inspection sticker and our oil changing date. You're saying that's against the law? I'm pretty sure it's against the law to not have the inspection sticker on your windshield. Some states require more than one sticker too.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:31 AM

139 posts, read 362,745 times
Frost!!!

Old 06-25-2009, 03:37 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,429,742 times
So, just so I understand, this means that people in Maine drive exactly like people in every other state???

We have them in TN too. And we had them by the freaking bucket full in FL. Some people don't care what the law is and they're not going to obey it. If you are stupid enough to not wear your seatbelt because Joe Blow didn't wear his and you're killed in an accident, it's your own fault. Good grief. Personal responsibility.

As for other jerkish behavior, welcome to being human. They are everywhere. Shake your head as they drive by and get on with life. There's too much good out there to waste on stupid bad crap.

JMHO of course.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:22 PM

18 posts, read 59,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut Pam View Post
!

As far as who is responsible for chasing any non-handicappers out of the spots...I just wish that the handicappers would learn to park properly in these spots and not take up their spot plus the one next to it!

There's no such thing as "handicappers" and "non-handicappers." Disabled people are more respectfully referred to as "handicapped people" or "disabled people."

And, you seem to hold a biased stereotype that all handicapped people are incapable of learning and incompetent at parking.

Handicapped people are not one monolithic population. Like all people, there are all types and kinds of disabled people with differing levels of competence and intelligence. First and foremost, they are people, many facing enormous challenges in life, and worthy of at least a minimum amount of respect.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:01 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swcejk2002 View Post
slow down here, if our democrats in the legislature starts to read this, they will write a bill banning the pine tree air freshener from hanging off the rearview mirror...
and then have 25 windshield wardens.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine