Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 11:02 AM
(-) (-) started this thread

690 posts, read 1,865,182 times

Advertisements

Do you guys/gals have a preferred mall in Maryland? I guess I should expand the definition of mall since many of the old malls were converted into shopping centers. I recently went to the renovated Towson Town mall and found myself getting lost in there lol. It was like a giant maze. It had some really good shopping but the parking was horrible for a Sunday afternoon that the local football team was playing.

I've been to Arundel Mills probably 2 times and each time i've had to circle the mall for at least 15 minutes trying to find 1 parking spot! I'm not sure what the goal of the area is, is it an outlet mall or an upscale mall? The mall does have great entertainment options which I like.

I think my favorite mall in Maryland is Annapolis. Parking is easy, the stores are first class, and the dining and entertainment options are endless. Seems like they've really amped up the safety aspect of the mall in recent years. My only gripe about that mall is that it is HUGE...they need one of those floor level escalators like they have in the airports to move people along who really want to get to their destinations lol

What is your preferred mall/shopping center in the Maryland area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 11:15 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by (-) View Post
Best Mall in Maryland?
Do you guys/gals have a preferred mall in Maryland?
What is your preferred mall/shopping center in the Maryland area?
Preferred and Best is the one closest to me when I decide I want/need something sold only at a mall.
Otherwise? Avoid them like the plague they are.

hth

Old 10-04-2011, 01:18 PM

27,545 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Montgomery Mall

Old 10-04-2011, 02:45 PM

244 posts, read 572,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Montgomery Mall
That's not even called "Montgomery Mall" anymore, is it?

I've been to Annapolis and it's very nice! Otherwise, Columbia isn't too bad, followed by Arundel Mills.

Old 10-04-2011, 04:52 PM

211 posts, read 451,128 times
My favorite is Annapolis Mall. I will go to Towson if I need something super specific.
I just hope they build a Naartjie in Annapolis.

Old 10-05-2011, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyPace View Post
My favorite is Annapolis Mall. I will go to Towson if I need something super specific.
I just hope they build a Naartjie in Annapolis.
funny you mention that store. i just went to the one in towson this weekend for my son. never even knew that store existed. saw some really neat looking clothes in there. as a guy, i wasn't used to the way they measure clothes. had to ask for help from one of the ladies at the counter.

Old 10-05-2011, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather3 View Post
That's not even called "Montgomery Mall" anymore, is it?

I've been to Annapolis and it's very nice! Otherwise, Columbia isn't too bad, followed by Arundel Mills.
for montgomery county to be as high dollar as it is, they have some pretty crappy malls. i remember there was a time when pg and dc folks had to go out to montgomery county to do real shopping since there were no real stores in those areas. i don't think i've ever been to columbia mall.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:39 AM

4,361 posts, read 7,069,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by (-) View Post
for montgomery county to be as high dollar as it is, they have some pretty crappy malls. i remember there was a time when pg and dc folks had to go out to montgomery county to do real shopping since there were no real stores in those areas. i don't think i've ever been to columbia mall.
Just wondering, Mr. (-) -- after you've added 3 more comments on this thread alone, why does your tally still say you've made only 589 posts ? Is the counting mechanism faulty ?

Old 10-05-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlane3 View Post
Just wondering, Mr. (-) -- after you've added 3 more comments on this thread alone, why does your tally still say you've made only 589 posts ? Is the counting mechanism faulty ?
i honestly couldn't tell you...i really don't pay much attention to that stuff. i just post when something strikes me. i'm all over the boards.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:38 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,979,004 times
I concur with the OP. Annapolis Mall is the best I've been to. I would follow that with Columbia and then Anne Arundel Mills. I haven't been to Montgomery Mall (plan on going there soon) and I haven't been to Towson, but from what I have heard, they both might crack the list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland