Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 02:18 PM

59,111 posts, read 27,349,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
That was a right fair retort.

My boss told me that I didn't hit a lick all day. Maybe not, I was watching the po-LICE and then the ambu-LANCE run over that doge with their tars.
The Eastern show is the best place to get austers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2014, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
Claims to live in Baltimore but some of the Bmore posters think that he's actually from Baltimore County, perhaps Towson.
Oh, a Baltimoron. Explains a lot!

Old 08-25-2014, 02:52 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,218,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Speak for yourself.

Being from Maryland I am free to call myself Southern. I will NEVER call myself Northern.
I personally consider Maryland to be Mid-Atlantic and a diverse mixture of all regional cultures (as well as international cultures). Having said that, I personally identify myself as Northern as do most of my friends since childhood. I like the South and I always enjoy visiting it but I don't really have much of a concrete cultural or personality affiliation with the place. Which probably explains that if I were to move outside of the DMV (DC and the affiliated MD and VA suburbs), I would prefer to live in either Philly, Hoboken in NJ, New Haven in CT, NYC (either Queens or Brooklyn) or Providence in RI....Or go to the Midwest for Chicago or Minneapolis....Or head Out West to Seattle, Denver, San Diego, LA, Oakland, or Sacramento.

If I were to ever live in the South, I'd be cool with Charlottesville, Atlanta, Savannah, Durham, Chapel Hill, Macon, Athens, Tybee Island, or St. Simon's Island. Other than that, I'm sticking to the East Coast, Upper Midwest, or the West.

Old 08-25-2014, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Oh, a Baltimoron. Explains a lot!
Lol

Old 08-25-2014, 03:44 PM

45,435 posts, read 60,623,477 times
Quote:
The Eastern show is the best place to get austers.
M R DUCKS

M R NOT DUCKS, M R GEESE

M R TOO DUCKS, C M WANGS?

L ILL B, M R DUCKS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNLfaYenU28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2-O-cdA9dU

Old 08-25-2014, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Lol
I'm surprised you got it!

Old 08-25-2014, 06:15 PM

Quote:
I'm surprised you got it!
It's one of the favored terms most of us here in the DC area like to use endearingly towards people from Baltimore

Old 09-02-2014, 06:01 PM

102 posts, read 152,452 times
The only thing southern about Maryland are all the countless slave sounding boring idiots that repeat that numb brain sounding "ma'am and sir" all day and every day of their boring simple homely lives. They're southern wanna be's but actually Mid Atlantic-ers if you're keeping it regionally real.

Atleast real southerners (states in the actual southern part of the country) have a kind of sexy sounding accent when they say it. Even their creepy cheesy sounding accent is annoying. Good thing it's dying out like the rest of the american accents (another story)

They probably wish they were southern. Okie dokie or Homely is more the word.

They're stuck somewhere in between just like the state is..... on the eastside of the country.

Old 09-05-2014, 01:34 PM

777 posts, read 882,228 times
"The only thing southern about Maryland are all the countless slave sounding boring idiots that repeat that numb brain sounding "ma'am and sir" all day and every day of their boring simple homely lives."

Please explain (if you are able to):

Slave-sounding?

numb brain sounding?

boring simple homely lives?

Are these people employed in the hospitality
industry? It is part of their job if so.

Are you American? Your prose is rather stilted
as if it is a second language.

Old 09-05-2014, 01:57 PM

32,114 posts, read 34,747,185 times
Quote:
And on top of that, I haven't come across anyone referring to anyone north of Maryland as a "Yankee", even in southern Maryland lol.
Except for the reference to the "Northern Scum" in the state song, I suppose.

I think the "Yankee" thing gets overblown on City-Data. The anecdote usually goes something like this.

I grew up in the wealthy suburbs of Connecticut (ed note: that really means he grew up barely middle class in suburban Knoxville or something) and ventured down to Alabama once for a research project on the South. After hearing my northern educated accent, one of the locals proceeded to call me a "Damn Yankee."

I've never heard anyone in the South call anyone else a "Yankee." But that's just my experience.

FWIW, when I went off to college, my family said I was going to be "on that True Blue Yankee tip."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland