Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2008, 07:26 PM

240 posts, read 1,065,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAbear View Post
I agree with you on some of those things, but you are being a pessimest. You have forgotten Maryland's southern hospitality
Which area does Maryland have southern hospitality??? When I was in NC I saw southern hospitality so not in MARYLAND.

Old 02-16-2008, 07:36 PM

183 posts, read 286,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2boys37 View Post
I enjoy the beach 24/7, not a dirty beach like Ocean City. And no it doesn't go for anywhere.. this state is totally boring and might I add EXPENSIVE
Just goto Assateague Island or Fenwick Beach then it's not dirty or crowded there

Name some places that you think are more exciting than Maryland I'm still confused here

Old 02-16-2008, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickluva View Post

Just goto Assateague Island or Fenwick Beach then it's not dirty or crowded there

Name some places that you think are more exciting than Maryland I'm still confused here
um what is there to do in Assateague Island and Fenwick?? Same dirty Atlantic Ocean as Ocean City. Let see more exciting places than Maryland..hmmm...Las Vegas, San Diego, Key West, Miami, North Carolina, South Carolina...should I keep going???

Old 02-16-2008, 07:59 PM

847 posts, read 3,354,168 times
Quote:
um what is there to do in Assateague Island and Fenwick?? Same dirty Atlantic Ocean as Ocean City. Let see more exciting places than Maryland..hmmm...Las Vegas, San Diego, Key West, Miami, North Carolina, South Carolina...should I keep going???
I have to disagree. About the only worthwhile thing to do in NC/SC (outside of a few beach towns) is go to U-picks in the summer. And I could see Las Vegas and Key West getting really old, really quick.

Is there even a zoo in NC outside of Asheboro?

I can accept that something about MD really rubs you the wrong way, but that doesn't mean that NC is better. That's where I draw the line.

Old 02-16-2008, 07:59 PM

183 posts, read 286,855 times
Quote:
I'm quite a bit more of a traveler than you are and have been to some of those places you mentioned. BTW North and South Carolina have that same dirty Atlantic Ocean water that you hate(salt water is pretty clean BTW)

Las Vegas is so much fun on the strip but off the strip it's a hot and boring desert city i'd prefer to live in Maryland hand downs and party in Vegas once or twice a year If you're not into partying and more into seeing sites Las Vegas isn't the place outside of Hoover Dam and that snowcapped mountain just outside the city this region really has nothing much else to see or do.

San Diego seems to be more like you're speed because it's laid back but it's still urban and crowded and it's even more expensive than Maryland

Haven't been to Key West but I've heard that it's a nice place to visit

Miami, knowing you you really wouldn't like Miami. Dirty beaches, high crime, english is considered a second language, overcrowded again you would really hate Miami

Moving to North or South Carolina from Maryland outside of financial and living reasons is taking a huge step backwards to me but hey some people like a slower pace. I like the Carolina's but there's more to do in Maryland

Keep Going

Old 02-16-2008, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickluva View Post
I'm quite a bit more of a traveler than you are and have been to some of those places you mentioned. BTW North and South Carolina have that same dirty Atlantic Ocean water that you hate(salt water is pretty clean BTW)

How do you know how much traveling I have done in my life??? and yes it maybe the same Atlantic Ocean, but the farther NORTH you go the dirtier the ocean. I hate Ocean City because the ocean is dirty and I have been to Jones Beach in NY and AC in NJ and it's dirtier up there

Las Vegas is so much fun on the strip but off the strip it's a hot and boring desert city i'd prefer to live in Maryland hand downs and party in Vegas once or twice a year If you're not into partying and more into seeing sites Las Vegas isn't the place outside of Hoover Dam and that snowcapped mountain just outside the city this region really has nothing much else to see or do.

I was speaking Henderson not exactly Las Vegas on the "strip" or Summerlin.

San Diego seems to be more like you're speed because it's laid back but it's still urban and crowded and it's even more expensive than Maryland

Sorry beg to differ when Maryland is the wealthiest state in the United States and I have been to San Diego plenty of times and I have seen how much things are.

Haven't been to Key West but I've heard that it's a nice place to visit

But I thought you traveled more than me???

Miami, knowing you you really wouldn't like Miami. Dirty beaches, high crime, english is considered a second language, overcrowded again you would really hate Miami But do you know me??? I loved Miami when I was there and I was thinking more Ft Lauderdale.

Moving to North or South Carolina from Maryland outside of financial and living reasons is taking a huge step backwards to me but hey some people like a slower pace. I like the Carolina's but there's more to do in Maryland I disagree but hey thats your opinion.

Keep Going
Ok how about Billings, MT???? or Clearwater Beach??? or Garden Grove, CA???

Old 02-17-2008, 12:15 AM

5 posts, read 21,333 times
One person you won't see around is me. I lived in Hagerstown all my life and I finally got out. Hagerstown and Washington County used to be a decent place. No more. The governments are full of people who are either crooks or idiots. The area has become a trash can for the metro areas. The town has been flooded with government dependent bums and illegals. Gangs are becoming active. Drug violence is becoming common place. The local state prisons house thousands of inmates and when released, many stay in this area. It's hard to go anyplace around Hagerstown, except somewhere like Borders or Lowes, without finding yourself in the midst of trashy, foul mouthed, no class, rude people. Outside of Hagerstown, the townhouse developments are eating up farmland, but I don't know how you can afford to buy anything here if you work here. The problems and the politics of the rest of the Maryland made us decide to move to a more rural area of another state. We should have left long ago. You like Maryland? You can have it.

Old 02-17-2008, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge boy View Post
One person you won't see around is me. I lived in Hagerstown all my life and I finally got out. Hagerstown and Washington County used to be a decent place. No more. The governments are full of people who are either crooks or idiots. The area has become a trash can for the metro areas. The town has been flooded with government dependent bums and illegals. Gangs are becoming active. Drug violence is becoming common place. The local state prisons house thousands of inmates and when released, many stay in this area. It's hard to go anyplace around Hagerstown, except somewhere like Borders or Lowes, without finding yourself in the midst of trashy, foul mouthed, no class, rude people. Outside of Hagerstown, the townhouse developments are eating up farmland, but I don't know how you can afford to buy anything here if you work here. The problems and the politics of the rest of the Maryland made us decide to move to a more rural area of another state. We should have left long ago. You like Maryland? You can have it.
I agree 100 % but don't use your opinion you will be wrong w/ all the people that think that Maryland is so great, but me, I don't mind if you bash this overpriced place

Old 02-17-2008, 09:51 AM

5 posts, read 21,333 times
I lived in Maryland for fifty years and my family for many generations. No one is going to "educate" me about the state. It becomes more northeast liberal and less southern, more arrogant and less friendly and more concerned with the dependent class and less so with the middle class every day. Taxes just went up. Jobs are going away. It was time to go.

Old 02-17-2008, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanyali View Post
I have to disagree. About the only worthwhile thing to do in NC/SC (outside of a few beach towns) is go to U-picks in the summer. And I could see Las Vegas and Key West getting really old, really quick.

Is there even a zoo in NC outside of Asheboro?

I can accept that something about MD really rubs you the wrong way, but that doesn't mean that NC is better. That's where I draw the line.
Well I love NC it's so much better than here. I don't particularly care about going to a zoo and see animals caged up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland