Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2008, 09:54 PM

1 posts, read 5,270 times

Advertisements

BGE the supplier of our electric raised their rates 70+% in the past few years.The company made BILLIONS of dollars in profit. They received a 27% raise last year. Most of the residents are feeling the pain from the robbery of this companies price gouging.What can we do to fight back ?
They are the supplier to all the homes and have us where they want us.
I know dozens of families talking about leaving the state of Maryland because the taxes and cost of living has gone through the roof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2008, 03:07 AM

297 posts, read 1,273,153 times
Just to clarify ... BGE supplies electricity and gas to the majority of Maryland, not just Anne Arundel County.

Old 02-27-2008, 03:42 AM

240 posts, read 1,065,345 times
I have Allegheny Power.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:11 AM

770 posts, read 3,679,796 times
BGE doesnt supply to Eastern shore and way out in western MD. There are other utility companies you can use, go to their website BGE has a list of them. I never priced them because I do not understand all the mubo jumbo they say. Good Old OMalley, he ran his campaign promising to stop BGE, hopefully all those that voted for him learned their lesson, the rest of us have to pay the consequences. Things can change if everyone smartens up during the next election. I am an independeny voter, but you must realize with Democrats there will be a higher cost of living, taxes go up, utilities go up, everything goes up, with Reps they try to keep taxes down but sometimes bad spending puts us into debt. Bush is not a good example of a Republican and I think a lot of uneducated voters took it out on the governors and senator races. Not listening to issues, paying attention to their records, lord knows OMalley showed us what he did for Baltimore..why did you think he was going to stop BGE?

Old 02-27-2008, 09:26 AM

57 posts, read 247,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielle View Post
Just to clarify ... BGE supplies electricity and gas to the majority of Maryland, not just Anne Arundel County.
Pepco provides for a large portion of Maryland suburbs of DC

Old 03-14-2008, 01:30 PM

7 posts, read 33,665 times
Don't move to MD. Everything is high, except our salaries.

Old 03-15-2008, 12:22 AM

293 posts, read 570,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC350 View Post
Don't move to MD. Everything is high, except our salaries.
right......

Old 03-15-2008, 08:29 AM

2,038 posts, read 4,551,924 times
Amazingly enough, my last bill from BGE stated that they are lowering my budget billing amount. I haven't changed my habits (in regards to utilities' use) so I'm pleasantly suprised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland