Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 12:30 PM

103 posts, read 537,741 times

Advertisements

I would look in Russett (right off of 198 and 295).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2008, 12:36 PM

413 posts, read 909,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_amg View Post
Thanks. I still want to know if Federal Hill is a feasible option if you work at Ft Meade with tolerable commute time. Looks like there is easy access to Baltimore-Washington Pkwy from Federal Hill, and Google map says about 17 miles/28 mins (of course that doesnt account for traffic). What are the heavy traffic patterns during peak times (7:30 AM and 5PM)?
The heavy traffic that I've experienced has generally been anytime between 6:30am and 9am and then 4pm to 6:30pm. While I-95 can certainly be very bad, I would generally recommend that over 295 (B/W Parkway). 295 is usually a parking lot whenever I'm on it, and I'm only on it when I absolutely have to go from Ft. Meade to College Park. Sometimes it's so bad that it would have been worth it to exit, go back to 32 or 197, drive across to a packed I-95, and go down that way. 295 is that bad.

Old 07-27-2009, 03:29 PM

3 posts, read 12,147 times
Default Elkridge is a BIG SURPRISE -Penniman PArk Apartments start at 1470, are brand new -private garage option -great loc abou

Check Out the New Penniman Park Apartments in Elkrdige. Beautiful, brand new, private garages, fitness,etc

quote=capt_amg;3112878]Hi, moving to MD this summer and will be working at Ft Meade. I am also getting different opinions as where to live in the area. I am looking for young professional atmosphere...I have no family with me, and not necesarily looking for suburbs...rather I prefer to live in the city environment, where I can walk to the closest bar/brewery/etc...

I've been looking at Federal Hill, and some people are telling me is great, but long commute to Ft Meade. My current commute here in FL is about 30 mins, which I think is ok. Other people are telling me that it's ok since I will go "against" the traffic commute in the morning and at the end of the day...

Any suggestions? I love the row houses there, and it's just what I'm looking as far as living atmosphere...

Suggestions?[/quote]

Old 07-27-2009, 03:35 PM

3 posts, read 12,147 times
SOrry for the convoluted response. Pennmiman Park is just off route 1 and rt 100, about 20 minutes to Fort Meade, just one exit from the MARC Train to Baltimore and DC. Columbia is only 20 minutes away for Mall Shopping or Concerts at Merriweather Post.

This was an awesome choice; brand new, elevator building, only 4 - stories. There is a pool and cardio center. The traffic patterns are good to Fort Meade. Google them, take a look, I think you will like it.

Old 07-30-2009, 05:50 AM

18 posts, read 70,105 times
Annapolis is a wonderful "walking" town. Lots of young professionals and amazing boating community if you would like that. Beautiful water everywhere. Not too long a commute to Ft. Meade at all. Naval Academy and St. John's college add a lot of interest.

Old 08-09-2009, 03:13 PM

21 posts, read 47,023 times
for jonmorri: if you have kids you will want to research greatschools.net
there are wonderful neighborhoods in anne arundel county with 4k sq ft homes for under $700k.

set up you own private home search from my website. you can create multiple searches, save favorites, and not look at the same house a million times just to get to the ones you haven't seen. Because your search is currently area challenged, i would suggest finding homes that may be of interest then learn about the area via demographic searches and school searches. you will be able to identify great areas that you can then keep an eye on.

for capt_amg: federal hill is a wonderful city place to live for a young professional. It has everything you mentioned in your post here. The safer areas are quite pricy. As with any major city, neighborhoods can change from block to block. Your commute to Ft Meade should be within that 30 min commute you are looking for.

www.susanrahn.com

Old 08-09-2009, 05:23 PM

1,270 posts, read 5,414,174 times
Cool Try the Bowie/Laurel/Jessup/Millersville area

What about the Laurel, Jessup, Millersville, Bowie Area? You could take the MARC train into DC. or drive to Greenbelt or New Carrolton and get the metro
in --

and be close to Fort Meade

You'd also be near Annapolis, and halfway between Baltimore and DC which would be a decent area to live

Old 08-09-2009, 05:25 PM

1,270 posts, read 5,414,174 times
Cool New Carrolton

You might also look in New Carrolton as well. You could take 295 up to Fort Meade and gointo DC on the metro From New carrolton
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland