Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 12:57 AM

4,888 posts, read 13,832,767 times

Advertisements

Tim Horton's ain' bad a'tall for a chain. I like the various maple-flavored doughnuts they sell (a hint that the company's Canadian.) Quality and freshness are both good. Just like Verna's, the counter help is always friendly and you can tarry there as long as you please. They're common in Rhode Island, with at least one store in MA near the RI line but nowhere else in the Bay State as far as I know.
When I'm south of the border and am jones-ing for a doughnut I try to find an Allie's before I settle for Tim Horton's, though - mmmm MMMMM.
And I'm still in mourning for Krispy Kreme. Within three years their Medford location went from needing traffic-control cops and a delivery crew to being nearly deserted. Because Dunkie's products are superior? Sez who?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 09:15 AM

1,335 posts, read 3,304,911 times
Krispy Kreme had money troubles and pulled out of recent expansion areas in favor of southern strongholds, IIRC.

The only ones left in New England are at Mohegan Sun.

Old 09-13-2010, 03:45 PM

1,187 posts, read 2,394,296 times
I just had most of a 1/2 dozen apple cider donuts from Russell Farms in Ipswich. I may need to go looking for my 38" jeans soon if this keeps up...they are amazing especially at the bottom of a small bowl of vanilla ice cream. Its just a seasonal thing but if you need an excuse to have another coffee, these donuts are amazing.

Old 09-14-2010, 06:35 AM

1,039 posts, read 2,654,530 times
As far as chains go, I prefer Honey Dew. For local donut shops, I like Supreme in Brockton.

Old 09-14-2010, 11:54 AM

88 posts, read 233,584 times
N+J Donuts in Oxford. They have a large chocolate covered, the consistency of which is like a thick donut shaped fried dough covered in chocolate. It is the best donut I have ever had or will ever have. You get them fresh and warm around 4am and there is nothing quite like it.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:51 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
Dunkin's isn't bad, but the quality and freshness varies from one location to the next. I find if they actually make the donuts on location they are better than the locations that have them delivered from somewhere else. Not a big fan of Honey Dew or Krispy Kreme.

Now if anyone wants the best muffins in town, go to Ginger Bread Construction Co. I go to the one in Reading, but there are a few locations throughout Mass. Love them muffins!

Old 09-15-2010, 07:15 AM

2 posts, read 2,840 times
I have to go with Kane's donuts in Saugus,.they're great.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:13 AM

1,187 posts, read 2,394,296 times
I love Kane's coffee roll if I did not mention that but this is a donut thread.....

Old 09-15-2010, 12:55 PM

1,395 posts, read 5,085,180 times
I love Krispy Kreme. I grew up eating those being from the south. I may have to check out this N&J in Oxford. That's close by to me.

How do you know if the Dunkins makes their donuts on site or get them brought from another store? I'm guessing gas station locations don't make their own...

I don't drink Dunkin Donuts coffee, but I've been getting the iced tea. It's nowhere near as good as what I make myself. The quality varies from location to location. Ask for the liquid sugar and a knife so you can stir it up. If you don't it'll taste just like a donut.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:18 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,304,911 times
I once saw a Dunkin bakery plant in an industrial park in Danbury CT. I'm not sure what area this covers, but at least it gives consistency to a fair number of locations. I'd imagine there are far more scattered about and just never seen them before.

And now I want N&J, but haven't had them since I was working in Northboro last December. Would pick up some on my way up there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts