Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 05:46 PM

43 posts, read 61,252 times

Advertisements

my name is Julie Im 27 years old im single with no kids I own my own business that I will be opening more locations where ever I move too and I want to move to the east coast and I need advise I really think Boston would be a great fit for me.I will also be in and out of California since I have my business's there now. I have written in many forums like NY,NJ,RI,PA and everyone has replied with great advise im shooked at how cold and rude you peple are I have gotten 0 replies nothing.Any good helpful advise i get Ill be very thankful for it.

im from LA and i want to move to the east coast or mid west i just need a change plus im italian and french i wanna move to a place with more of a italian community.
im from LA and i want to move to the east coast or mid west i just need a change plus im italian and french i wanna move to a place with more italian's that is safe any ideas?

Need Help! Im born and raised in Cali but im over it here I need a change I wanna move to the east coast or the mid west. Im Italian and french and I would love to live near more Italian's and in a safe clean area Which areas have more Italians? What states ? and hows the cost of living? I have a very hard time meeting other Italians in LA so that's why i wanna move. ny help I wanna know everything thanks

Old 09-12-2013, 06:19 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,651,571 times
Providence RI is the most Italian community I can think of on the East coast.

Around Boston, areas with more Italian settlers would be Nonantum section of Newton, Somerville, Arlington, Framingham, Billerica, Woburn, Melrose, Revere and Norwood. The towns North of Boston are more Italian than the South shore. Outside of Boston's North End, Nonantum may have the most Italian pride with its streets striped with the colors of the Italian flag and groceries and eating places that have been passed down through generations. Arlington, Medford and Somerville would follow; however, both are increasingly becoming gentrified. The North End still has all the festivals and touristy stuff and is also yuppified. You will find many Italians around Boston don't really identify with their background as much as Italians from New York, Providence or Chicago, so you may need to work hard to find them once here.

Somerville, especially around David Square, is a fun area for people in their 20s. Medford is increasingly becoming popular as well. Of course the North End is perfect for young single people.

Last edited by 495neighbor; 09-12-2013 at 06:37 PM..

Old 09-12-2013, 07:33 PM

2,948 posts, read 5,196,643 times
495 gave a good summary.

I understand that Saugus, MA, has an Italian flavor. Not sure if true or if it has been diluted in recent years. It's only 12 miles or so from Boston.

Old 09-12-2013, 08:51 PM

3,689 posts, read 7,435,107 times
Where did you post your earlier inquiry that you are now complaining that no one responded to?

I searched your posts and I didn't find anything.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:16 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,184,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvenom1986 View Post
I have written in many forums like NY,NJ,RI,PA and everyone has replied with great advise im shooked at how cold and rude you peple are I have gotten 0 replies nothing.
Gee whiz... impatient much?

If anything, YOU are the rude one for being so demanding.No replies right away just means that the people reading your thread had no good answers for you. And btw the way, "advise" is a verb. So instead ask for "advice" because that's a noun.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:26 PM

38 posts, read 142,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 495neighbor View Post
Providence RI is the most Italian community I can think of on the East coast.

You will find many Italians around Boston don't really identify with their background as much as Italians from New York, Providence or Chicago, so you may need to work hard to find them once here.
Yea its a shame too. It even seems like to find an irish guy really ethno centric into his irishness is even hard too. Its not just an Italian thing here. I mean since being back here and looking around, theres very few genuine Irish pub type places where most of the patrons drink Guinness or be more real like that too. Irish American culture in Boston to me seems like: Red Sox, Budweiser, Dropkick Murphys if many even like them lol. Its like a mockery of the real thing to me and not too many genuine Irish places here considering the hype it gets for being Irish friendly.

I am 50% Italian and I think I identify pretty well in my background but not too many here are as ethnocentric as Providence, Philly and NY but then again the job economy is worse in those places too so you have to weigh it all out. I rarely meet Italians anymore here who have the heavy eastern accent. Maybe if I hung out in Malden or Woburn a lot perhaps but overall no and even in Billerica its not as prevalent as you think either.

Truthfully I am about to wash my hands of this place as its getting all gentrified and not like it was when I was growing up. Mentally its like, why bother anymore? People watch crappy tv shows just like in other parts of the country.. One of the only places that maintained its spirit is the deep south. Everything here is getting gentrified, crappy and messy. At least if it gets bad, the South will be more vocal than anyone.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:27 PM

38 posts, read 142,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Gee whiz... impatient much?

If anything, YOU are the rude one for being so demanding.No replies right away just means that the people reading your thread had no good answers for you. And btw the way, "advise" is a verb. So instead ask for "advice" because that's a noun.
Even I have to say, you're very rude miu, picky and anal retentive. It figures you're a liberal to the extreme.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:36 PM

17 posts, read 37,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownman View Post
Even I have to say, you're very rude miu, picky and anal retentive. It figures you're a liberal to the extreme.
I pegged her as fairly right wing, especially for MA (maybe libertarian?). She's against bussing, public school funding, unions, etc. This doesn't strike me as liberal (blue collar, white collar, or crunchy) to the extreme.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:45 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,703,315 times
Will you stop fighting!

Could be the main problem is that the first post IS hard to read because it is not that well written. It's sort of hard to understand. That's a legitimate complaint. As to whether a poster is liberal or conservative on this thread, that is off topic.

I would like to see the original post and would hope it's written with some punctuation and is worded clearly so people can understand what the person is asking.

Last edited by in_newengland; 09-12-2013 at 10:07 PM..

Old 09-12-2013, 09:53 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,703,315 times
im from LA and i want to move to the east coast or mid west i just need a change plus im italian and french i wanna move to a place with more of a italian community. im from LA and i want to move to the east coast or mid west i just need a change plus im italian and french i wanna move to a place with more italian's that is safe any ideas?

Need Help! Im born and raised in Cali but im over it here I need a change I wanna move to the east coast or the mid west. Im Italian and french and I would love to live near more Italian's and in a safe clean area Which areas have more Italians? What states ? and hows the cost of living? I have a very hard time meeting other Italians in LA so that's why i wanna move. ny help I wanna know everything thanks

That is apparently the original post.

Want to meet more Italians, an Italian community. Wants midwest or east coast. Wants to know the cost of living.

All I can say is that it is very expensive to live in MA and it's only getting worse. People move away because of not being able to afford it here and a lot of the people moving in seem to be from New York. California home prices combined with MA taxes and a huge winter heating bill and summer a/c bill.

As for Italian areas, I don't know and will leave that to others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts