Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2014, 08:55 AM

2 posts, read 9,336 times

Advertisements

Hello,

My girlfriend is moving the the area and is looking for an Asian hair salon. Apparently, special techniques are necessary in order to style Korean hair.

Does anyone have any recommendations in the Framingham/Natick area?

Thanks in advance.

Frank.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2014, 09:12 AM

4,848 posts, read 11,807,234 times
I only know of 2 salons that are Asian-owned: Pro Salon and Unlimited Salon on Rt-9 in Framingham. They are both Vietnamese owned, but I'm pretty sure all Asian hair is treated the same (black/thick). But how often does she get her hair done? A few times a year? Just make the trip to Chinatown for a high-end stylist who specializes in Asian hair.

Old 12-15-2014, 09:14 AM

By the way I just noticed you joined in 2008, but this is your first post? That's pretty impressive...

Old 12-15-2014, 09:38 AM

161 posts, read 230,909 times
I don't have any recommendations for Framingham. However, there's a bunch of Korean owned salons in Allston/Brighton. For example, Scissor Sound, Zen, Salon Dean.

Old 12-15-2014, 10:24 AM

2 posts, read 9,336 times
Are you impressed that I could remember my password after 6 years? lol. I'm pretty sure I've posted before, but maybe I created an account and never posted or maybe I found what I needed by searching the forums. I bought my house around 6 years ago so I was looking for a lot of different things. I use a program to keep track of all my passwords and remembered this forum as a great resource.

Also, as for the comment that my girlfriend only gets her hair done a few times a year I think you're referring to a low maintenance type of Asian woman...lol When my girl friend was in DC she was at the salon 2-3 times a month...yikes. I guess we're looking for more of an upscale place than Chinatown that does nails, coloring, Japanese hair straightening, etc.

She doesn't have a car yet so that's why we're looking for something local.

Thanks for the very quick replies! I will forward this information along to my better half....

Frank

Old 12-15-2014, 10:37 AM

I mean Chinatown or Allston, as in 00na pointed out, is where you'd find the salons that can do Japanese hair straightening. The salons I mentioned are just for a quick cut/color (at least I've never noticed/smelled anyone getting a perm done there). If I were a high-maintenance Asian girl I wouldn't trust any salon outside of Boston to do a perm be honest.

Old 12-15-2014, 12:32 PM

46 posts, read 73,754 times
Adding from 'experience' - One of the things you could do is to do what most guys with Asian significant others do - go out for dinner after getting their hair done in the area be it Chinatown or Allston. Parking is expensive in Chinatown however if you plan it after 5pm (if you live in Natick/Framingham, you'll mostly be doing a reverse commute except maybe some traffic at the Newton exit) its about $10-$12.
As for Allston (Korea-town), parking is tight but not impossible.
Hair matters are a sensitive thing - so I would recommend looking at Yelp for some help too... you'll probably be looking at Allston/Brighton area if she is used to Korean salons.

Old 12-16-2014, 06:52 AM

8 posts, read 29,743 times
Hi. I live in Natick and my girl friend is Japanese and actually lives in Coolidge Corner. She just started getting her hair done in Framingham at Hair & Grace a couple of months ago. It's a really nice salon that opened earlier this year and it's a little bit of a secret that they specialize in Asian hair. They even have this really cool looking digital perm machine that gives long beautiful curls to otherwise very straight asian hair. My gf is in the other boat with very straight hair and got a digital perm last month. This is not the kind of perm that your grandma gets. It has big wavy curls and it looks just as good today as it did a month ago.

The owner of the salon's name is Grace Park (Korean) and she's really nice. It's one of the nicest and cleanest hair salons I've ever been in. I feel very comfortable in the waiting area where they have a big wide screen tv and comfy chairs. You can see pictures of the salon on their website - Hair & Grace Salon in Framingham, MA. You can also see all their good reviews by googling "Hair and Grace Salon Framingham".

Hope this helps!

p.s. glad to see all these guys with Asian significant others helping each other out.

Old 12-16-2014, 08:30 AM

rhwebs: Thanks for the info; I'll let my wife know too. I know she hates driving into Boston because it makes getting a haircut an almost all-day ordeal and she's exhausted by the time she gets back for dinner.

Old 01-01-2015, 09:30 PM

8 posts, read 16,217 times
Default Smak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsec View Post
I only know of 2 salons that are Asian-owned: Pro Salon and Unlimited Salon on Rt-9 in Framingham. They are both Vietnamese owned, but I'm pretty sure all Asian hair is treated the same (black/thick). But how often does she get her hair done? A few times a year? Just make the trip to Chinatown for a high-end stylist who specializes in Asian hair.
Stole the words right out of my mouth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts