Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2015, 02:55 PM

204 posts, read 286,479 times

Advertisements

Occasionally, when I visit this forum, I see random threads from years ago instead of the latest posts:

Even clicking on the "Last Post" column doesn't sort them by date. If I close the window and come back a few hours or days later, it's back to normal. I only seem to see this in the /massachusetts forum (though I don't frequent others much, so maybe I'm just missing it). Has anyone else had this problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2015, 03:11 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,807,780 times
I don't have this problem myself, but do you have the sort drop downs at the bottom of the main page changed at all? It would be located below your screenshots bottom edge.

Old 05-21-2015, 05:43 PM

417 posts, read 734,380 times
its bc you have it sorted by thread name. by clicking the hyperlinked "thread" or when you go to the site, you go here: //www.city-data.com/forum/massa...asc&sort=title

go directly here: //www.city-data.com/forum/massachusetts/

Old 05-21-2015, 07:27 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,644,887 times
It happens to me all the time on both Chrome and Firefox. Often at the same time. So I know it's site related not anything to do with refreshing the browser window or cleaning out the browser cache.

Old 05-22-2015, 10:45 AM

204 posts, read 286,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgang239 View Post
I don't have this problem myself, but do you have the sort drop downs at the bottom of the main page changed at all? It would be located below your screenshots bottom edge.
Ah, that's what it was! Thank you! I thought I scanned around everywhere, but I was really focusing on the tops of the columns which is where you'd expect sorting mechanisms to be

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringMom3 View Post
its bc you have it sorted by thread name. by clicking the hyperlinked "thread" or when you go to the site, you go here: //www.city-data.com/forum/massa...asc&sort=title

go directly here: //www.city-data.com/forum/massachusetts/
This makes sense, but it was happening even when I added and took out all the qualifiers of the URL. My bookmark goes directly to //www.city-data.com/forum/massachusetts/ every time anyway, so I'm not sure why it was changing only sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 495neighbor View Post
It happens to me all the time on both Chrome and Firefox. Often at the same time. So I know it's site related not anything to do with refreshing the browser window or cleaning out the browser cache.
I tried that too! Looks like it's to do with the sorting options at the bottom of the page. Still doesn't solve why it sometimes randomly defaults to sorting by thread name, and then why it goes back to sorting by last post later even when you haven't quit the browser.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts