Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2016, 03:31 PM

550 posts, read 681,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsnext75 View Post
I think people are just looking for someone to blame as to why they can't find a house around here. Don't blame the old people who've been here their whole lives. Blame the kids who came here for college and stayed and the foreigners who are likely doing something illegal.
How is this not considered a racist comment?? No need to defend it. Majority of those foreigners like Indians are doctors and work in the I.T field how is that illegal???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2016, 03:36 PM

404 posts, read 526,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sal1181 View Post
How is this not considered a racist comment?? No need to defend it. Majority of those foreigners like Indians are doctors and work in the I.T field how is that illegal???
Haha I'm with ya. This isn't worth any more brain waves though.

Old 02-20-2016, 05:24 PM

3,268 posts, read 3,324,502 times
Default Re

There was no mention of race

Old 02-20-2016, 05:36 PM

9,100 posts, read 6,321,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsnext75 View Post
There was no mention of race
Yup. Foreigner simply means someone from a different geo-political organization (nation). It has nothing to do with race. It is pretty scary for a place that is supposed to be so highly educated.

Old 02-20-2016, 05:38 PM

434 posts, read 510,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
Yup. Foreigner simply means someone from a different geo-political organization (nation). It has nothing to do with race. It is pretty scary for a place that is supposed to be so highly educated.
Riiiight. I'm sure you're referring to Canadian immigrants and the like.

Old 02-20-2016, 07:11 PM

4,249 posts, read 3,727,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
First, my comment was just a joke.

Second, I agree with you for the most part...many big time drug dealers you won't even know they are drug dealers and they don't necessarily live in fancy homes. They live in pretty middle class neighborhoods and could be right next to you and you wouldn't even know it.
Oh, I totally know this. I watched Breaking Bad.

Old 02-20-2016, 08:04 PM

3,268 posts, read 3,324,502 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan0105 View Post
Riiiight. I'm sure you're referring to Canadian immigrants and the like.
Well what exactly are you assuming

Old 02-20-2016, 09:00 PM

596 posts, read 983,080 times
I have some neighbors who have dark skin and they talk kind of funny. I can't prove it yet, but I know that they must be involved in illegal activities. They don't speak English when they talk on their cell phones in public, so that real Americans won't know what they're up to. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they were causing this housing crisis.

Old 02-21-2016, 03:49 AM

5,793 posts, read 5,109,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pito_Chueco View Post
I have some neighbors who have dark skin and they talk kind of funny. I can't prove it yet, but I know that they must be involved in illegal activities. They don't speak English when they talk on their cell phones in public, so that real Americans won't know what they're up to. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they were causing this housing crisis.
LOL, indeed.

Old 02-22-2016, 02:03 PM

837 posts, read 1,226,308 times
To get back with what this thread was initially about...

(how's that for a segue?)

There are four homes for sale in my immediate neighborhood and maybe 4-5 which must be in the process of cleaning out/being put up for sale, evidenced by the dumpsters in their driveways. I know three of the four families, albeit not super well. They're a combination of downsizing and estate sales. Two of the homes are being sold "as is", which, as I've said before, is usually the case in my area given the number of elders we have. One is a FSBO. The other one is in pristine condition.

Note that none of them are under 500K, which is par for the course in my area, not even the ones "as is".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts