Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 06:25 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,694,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by champkind View Post
If you're nervous about driving in bad weather, I'd recommend living in Gardner even more.

Worcester will be a nightmare to drive in when there's snow.
winter driving is a nightmare, and long, and slow. Stick with Gardner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2007, 09:48 AM

5 posts, read 16,687 times
Default Gardner

I agree no SPEEDING ! they are sticlers about this in gardner. My opinion i have grown up in Leominster. I am relocating back Home as well soon......I can't wait. Worcester is not a good neighborhood for kids..... alot of mischief.... If you are relocating to MA Gardner is the most affordable place to live. Leominster isn't bad but can get pricey!!! $$$$$$
good neighborhoods all around Gardner though. theres Phillipston... about five ten minutes from Gardner but a little town. Athol. same , Leominster , considered a city lots of things to do and has some of the best schooling districts. This is only ten to fifteen minutes from Gardner. ( more specificaly Mount Wachusett Community College ) Good luck in Mass !!! Enjoy such a beautiful state.

Old 01-08-2007, 10:17 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
I give the SoCal girl 2 months tops before she's out of Gardner.

Old 04-15-2007, 05:00 AM

2,267 posts, read 3,298,039 times
Gardner has always been a trashy town...I wouldn't work there or live there...
AND the drive between Worcester and Gardner is going to kill you...

Gardner is what they call an "old mill town", lots of low income people. Worcester while it might be the second largest city in New England, its nothing like you might be used to.

You should look into maybe Leominster/Fitchburg, which is on route 2, a straight shot up to Gardner.

Old 04-18-2007, 01:46 PM

1 posts, read 5,477 times
I live in Gardner, MA and I like it.
If you like a quiet town, with nothing to do, then Gardner is for you.

I don't know about it being a "Trashy Town", I haven't had any problems there and I've been there for 2 years now.

Lisa from Debary you think Gardner is trashy, but you recommend Fitchburg instead? Have you been to Fitchburg? I think it's more trashy than Gardner...

Old 05-01-2007, 07:27 AM

36 posts, read 214,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldmamm View Post
Lisa from Debary you think Gardner is trashy, but you recommend Fitchburg instead? Have you been to Fitchburg? I think it's more trashy than Gardner...
I agree!! I would NEVER recommend Fitchburg to ANYONE. Talk about a trashy town. Try driving down main street (where 3/4 of the stores are empty) and seeing the hookers out in the middle of the day. Yeah... that's where I'd want to live...

Old 05-05-2007, 08:32 AM
RLG

1 posts, read 5,405 times
Thumbs up Mount Wachusett Community College - Gardner

Gardner was created by carving corners from surrounding towns making the
geographical area smaller than that of the surrounding towns. Many faculty members live in these adjoining towns. The former president of MWCC lives in Westminster which is just east of Gardner and convenient to Routes 2 & 140.
I think you would enjoy the rural character of the area better than living in
Worcester. Given a choice you can travel to Boston on route 2 or by train to partake of cultural events and activities. I think you would enjoy MWCC. We relocated to the area from CA and feel we made the correct decision except for the one party legislature and taxes especially on senior citizens who receive no tax breaks unless they are indigent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts