Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 09:18 AM

3,176 posts, read 3,693,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
If you don't want the expense and hassle of insuring you haven't picked up an infestation, don't rent apartments.

Gee, this is fun.
At least spell ensuring properly. Regardless anyone can pick up a bed bug from anywhere. Shifting the burden on tenants who have no control over things like this is ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2016, 09:27 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dm84 View Post
Landlords are responsible for pest control. I would not sign an addendum like that.
I wouldn't either. And it would make me think there were problems before.

Old 02-13-2016, 11:47 AM

28,661 posts, read 18,764,698 times
Quote:
At least spell ensuring properly. Regardless anyone can pick up a bed bug from anywhere. Shifting the burden on tenants who have no control over things like this is ridiculous.
"A" bedbug, maybe so.

Personally, I check motel and hotel rooms for bedbugs before I settle in. They're beginning to become a problem.

But if you already have an infestation, you ought to realize it. Having a new bunch of rashy bites when you get out of bed each morning morning ought to be a clue.

Old 02-13-2016, 11:49 AM

3,176 posts, read 3,693,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
"A" bedbug, maybe so.

Personally, I check motel and hotel rooms for bedbugs before I settle in. They're beginning to become a problem.

But if you already have an infestation, you ought to realize it. Having a new bunch of rashy bites when you get out of bed each morning morning ought to be a clue.
Do you honestly believe anyone knowingly infests an apartment with Bedbugs? I mean come on now.

Old 02-13-2016, 11:54 AM

28,661 posts, read 18,764,698 times
Quote:
Do you honestly believe anyone knowingly infests an apartment with Bedbugs? I mean come on now.
There are people with HIV who knowingly have unprotected sex.

Old 02-13-2016, 01:45 PM

339 posts, read 664,186 times
What is puzzling to me is the fact that they would try to say a tenant brought them in. I have never had any type of pest issue. But let's say I move in and 6 months later bed bug eggs that were laid down from previous tenants hatch, how could I be to blame?? Bed bug eggs have up to 18 months to hatch. Seems unreasonable to blame the tenant. Unless tenant has lived there for 18+ months

Last edited by Bruins3445; 02-13-2016 at 02:05 PM..

Old 03-02-2016, 05:22 AM

3 posts, read 2,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins3445 View Post
What is puzzling to me is the fact that they would try to say a tenant brought them in. I have never had any type of pest issue. But let's say I move in and 6 months later bed bug eggs that were laid down from previous tenants hatch, how could I be to blame?? Bed bug eggs have up to 18 months to hatch. Seems unreasonable to blame the tenant. Unless tenant has lived there for 18+ months
I am sorry to say that anyone could bring bed bugs to your home. They are as bad as roaches lol. Typically they live in your furniture/bedding. I work in the community and sometimes, I have to go inside a person's home. I am almost terrified. I've seen deplorable small meth labs to museum quality homes. The divide between clean and dirty people is crazy!! There are some dirty ass people out there.....and what pisses me off, is they know they are dirty and don't care. I've seen beautiful homes in Brockton and dog **** mixed into the laundry in Sharon lol. C'mon folks, dried up dog **** in your living room....and your cooking??? sry for the vent...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts