Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 06:10 PM

461 posts, read 554,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Brockton is way too divided to gentrify and the commuter rail can't gentrify a place,only rapid transit. Brockton is primarily filled with Emma grant working-class families and then has a very large component of old somewhat conservative -if not stodgy Massachusetts residents who don't see Eye to Ye with immigrants on almost any issue. There are also serious issues with drugs and crime very serious issues. Every town in every city has a smattering of criminals but the fact that criminals actively looking to relocate directly into Brockton is a major problem and now you have a smaller number of professional families or professionals in general then does criminal types . I would say Brockton hasn't been better than Dorchester Roxbury and Mattapan in about five years (Wnd of the Great Recession) and probably won't ever be again . Add to that a lackluster school system in Brockton, a lack of SAFE night life and a very spread out city with only a weak bus system running through it.
In the white parts, Brockton is rather conservative isn't it? Plus its south of Boston so that may play a part. Based on people I come across, including my great uncle.. they were quite conservative in that belt. He was an Imus in the morning listener also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2017, 06:14 AM

3,268 posts, read 3,324,502 times
Brockton is not gentrifying anytime soon and who cares? Aren't enough places gentrifying in MA? If you don't like Brockton dont move there.

Old 08-10-2017, 06:37 AM

504 posts, read 385,155 times
All MA really cares about is Boston! They can care less about all the other ghettos in your state.

Old 08-10-2017, 06:58 AM

23,577 posts, read 18,722,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix2791 View Post
All MA really cares about is Boston! They can care less about all the other ghettos in your state.
Well at least we have A decent city to care about.

Old 08-10-2017, 07:00 AM

504 posts, read 385,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Well at least we have A decent city to care about.
You only think Boston is descent? Even I think their better than that.

Old 08-10-2017, 07:03 AM

3,268 posts, read 3,324,502 times
Boston is where the jobs are.

Old 08-10-2017, 10:22 AM

23,577 posts, read 18,722,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSota14 View Post
He was an Imus in the morning listener also.
Imus is not a conservative.

Old 08-17-2017, 11:17 AM

7,927 posts, read 7,818,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsnext75 View Post
Boston is where the jobs are.
Some jobs but not all. Back when the recession hit there was jobs in Boston I applied for and didn't get. Now I make that amount in Springfield. Those jobs are STILL at the same pay today. There's not much of a reason for me to move back to have roommates. Boston is nice for mid career and high end (say age 55 and over) but for starting out not really. The high-cost structure is too much. I personally grew up with a woman that's now a medical doctor at John Hopkins. Why? Because there was nothing Boston could do to lower her cost of living. Debt adds up and frankly it makes little sense to those that might live with their parents to then move out and then get three or four roommates to make ends meet for a job making the same pay a other areas.Boston does look "pretty" but the price you pay isn't always worth it.

Old 08-17-2017, 11:53 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,109,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
Some jobs but not all. Back when the recession hit there was jobs in Boston I applied for and didn't get. Now I make that amount in Springfield. Those jobs are STILL at the same pay today. There's not much of a reason for me to move back to have roommates. Boston is nice for mid career and high end (say age 55 and over) but for starting out not really. The high-cost structure is too much. I personally grew up with a woman that's now a medical doctor at John Hopkins. Why? Because there was nothing Boston could do to lower her cost of living. Debt adds up and frankly it makes little sense to those that might live with their parents to then move out and then get three or four roommates to make ends meet for a job making the same pay a other areas.Boston does look "pretty" but the price you pay isn't always worth it.
Yeah but there's nothing better than a jog along the Charles!

Old 08-17-2017, 11:58 AM

3,222 posts, read 2,124,379 times
Or a bike ride through the emerald necklace, link to the charles, and eating middle eastern food post ride in central..
I may ***** about this city. But i honestly love most of what it offers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts