Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2017, 08:21 AM

23,577 posts, read 18,722,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wror View Post
I sold guns as a part time job for years. Colorado residents have only been reporting good news about legalizing marijuana. Here is Bad news about marijuana Colorado has not been reporting:
Form 4473 is a US Federal form one fills out to buy a gun. Lying on a federal gun purchase form is a felony punishable by up to five years in prison.

------Quote----
Question 11e on Form 4473
Quote:

“The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.”

Question 11e asks: Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana, or any depressant, stimulant, or narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
---Un-Quote----

https://www.atf.gov/file/61446/download
That only pertains to at the time of the purchase. It is simply unenforceable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2017, 10:12 AM

636 posts, read 706,596 times
As a trained in the laws and experienced gun seller, i strongly recommend not being a marijuana user or not possessing and or owning a gun. Legally or not. Legalized state or not. Get rid of one or the other.
5 years in a Federal prison is not fun. Often the Federal prison guards are burned out and mean ex- military drill sergeants.

Old 08-26-2017, 10:22 AM

23,577 posts, read 18,722,077 times
Quote:
As a trained in the laws and experienced gun seller, i strongly recommend not being a marijuana user or not possessing and or owning a gun. Legally or not. Legalized state or not. Get rid of one or the other.
5 years in a Federal prison is not fun. Often the Federal prison guards are burned out and mean ex- military drill sergeants.
I don't recommend it either, but your statement was very inaccurate. The ATF 4473 only asks if you ARE (meaning currently) a user or addict AT THE TIME of purchase. Not last year, not next year.

I am very familiar with the law.

Old 08-26-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
I don't recommend it either, but your statement was very inaccurate. The ATF 4473 only asks if you ARE (meaning currently) a user or addict AT THE TIME of purchase. Not last year, not next year.

I am very familiar with the law.
One can always have a legal amount of marijuana, a legally owned gun and go tell a Federal G man they were not a user when they bought a gun. See what happens.

Old 02-20-2018, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Leaving Mansfield Ma Wednesday afternoon, one stop in Raynham Ma,then up to Portsmouth NH

All after 8pm
Shaw's Parking lot in Raynham Mass. Teens standing outside a vehicle.
Parking lot Near Burger King in Easton Ma. Group of young adults and or teens
Individual smoking and Crossing a street in Rye NH. odor centered my vehicle

Its going to get worse when POT being sold in stores begins

Lets revisit this quote from 8 months ago "Parking lot Near Burger King in Easton Ma"

Burger King and Shaw's share the same parking lot
Hello!
February 20,2018
Easton teen was selling "dabs" in Shaw's parking lot, police say - News - The Enterprise, Brockton, MA - Brockton, MA

Old 02-20-2018, 08:21 PM

2,190 posts, read 2,234,840 times
^Itll be much safer when that stuff is sold by legal and regulated businesses then the current sale method in Shaw's parking lots.

Anyway weed is nothing new. It has been around for a while and you'd hear these stories weather it was legalized or not.

Old 02-20-2018, 09:23 PM

1,665 posts, read 975,576 times
So I take that POT (lol) is evil. Gee. Just th other day, I toked. Ended up cleaning my shop, doing odd jobs that lined up, was able to cook supper outside, a mean pork and sausage jambalaya, and had a GREAT time. You know why? Because I wasn't hurting and my depression wasn't dragging my genitalia.

Oh, POT (lol again) makes you lazy and a couch potato. Easy...stick with sativa. That'll keep you going. Stay away from the indica. Unless you want to chill, relax and take a good, restful nap!

Old 02-20-2018, 10:03 PM

Two Brain Surgeons.
All you know is one smokes Pot,The other does not.

Which one do you chose if your mother needed brain surgery?

Old 02-20-2018, 10:34 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,638,096 times
Your doctor tells you have to consume one of two things every evening in order to survive.

A 6 pack of beer, or a marijuana cigarette.

Which one do you choose?

Old 02-20-2018, 11:12 PM

1,665 posts, read 975,576 times
Quote:
Two Brain Surgeons.
All you know is one smokes Pot,The other does not.

Which one do you chose if your mother needed brain surgery?
The one who smokes pot. He's the one that would be able to focus on what he's doing.

Maybe you need to partake. You just MIGHT have a different view.

Serious question, do you drink any alcoholic beverages?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts