Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 01:45 PM

1,642 posts, read 1,400,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
There isn't anything to back up. The amount of investment the state has made into the Umass Lowell campus, specifically the engineering and nursing programs are well known. This isn't controversial or debated. There are loads of articles on this investments, and the expansion, and the affects it has had on Lowell and on the housing markets there.

I really have no idea what your problem is. For some silly reason you seem to think a statement of this is some sort of personal slight.

There has been huge investments in Amherst as well. I think there have been huge investments in Dartmouth and Boston as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2018, 02:31 PM

3,808 posts, read 3,139,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_General View Post
Like I though when I went to UMass we had a good program I didn't know UMass Lowell was the big engineering program.
To be blunt, that's pure ignorance on your part. My employer tends to recruit Northeastern grads largely due to their CO-OP program, but any ME heavy firm is aware of U-Lowell, WPI, RPI, etc.

Old 07-16-2018, 04:47 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
There has been huge investments in Amherst as well. I think there have been huge investments in Dartmouth and Boston as well.

There have, but the investments at Lowell have been in the engineering and nursing, they are the focus.

And, you know, you really do have a chip, because no one said other campuses haven't received investments.

Old 07-16-2018, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post
To be blunt, that's pure ignorance on your part. My employer tends to recruit Northeastern grads largely due to their CO-OP program, but any ME heavy firm is aware of U-Lowell, WPI, RPI, etc.

You said what I didn't want to.

Old 07-18-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:
There have, but the investments at Lowell have been in the engineering and nursing, they are the focus.

And, you know, you really do have a chip, because no one said other campuses haven't received investments.

No, no chip, just pointing out a mistake. Just when somebody says the best engineering program at a state school doesn't reside in Amherst they are incorrect.

Old 07-18-2018, 12:58 PM

Quote:
No, no chip, just pointing out a mistake. Just when somebody says the best engineering program at a state school doesn't reside in Amherst they are incorrect.

No one used the term best, except you. There was no mistake, except in your reading comprehension.

Old 07-18-2018, 01:06 PM

Quote:
No one used the term best, except you. There was no mistake, except in your reading comprehension.

But keep on with that chip on your shoulder. It's freaking HUGE. You'll need that engineering degree to build the supports to carry it around.

I'm correct so I'll sleep soundly. I don't have a chip but you can keep digging a hole.

Old 07-18-2018, 01:10 PM

Quote:
I'm correct so I'll sleep soundly. I don't have a chip but you can keep digging a hole.

You're correct? Please, do point out where I said Lowell was the best? When did I use the term best? Or highest ranked? Or anything like that?

I never did. Not once. That is ALLLLL you. Your error. Your failure. Your mistake.

You can't find a quote with me saying anything like that. Because, it doesn't exist.

Now, be an adult and admit you're wrong. That you read it wrong. And move along. Thanks.

Old 07-18-2018, 01:11 PM

Quote:
There is IHub (incubator) with the University (UMass Lowell is the big engineering program for the state, heavily invested in over the last decade), and E for All (an accelerator) in Lowell.
As a UMass engineering grad I take offense.

Old 07-18-2018, 01:13 PM

Quote:
As a UMass engineering grad I take offense.

Feel free to be offended.

As a UW Madison grad, I'm not offended when some of the other campuses (such as UW Stevens Point, or UW Milwaukee) are recognized. Because, well, they deserve to be, and I don't have a chip on my shoulder.

You really offend freaking easily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts