Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2019, 01:28 PM

47 posts, read 20,854 times

Advertisements

Found my dream house and it’s in templeton. I don’t mind commuting to work but I don’t want a long commute so templeton May be out. I don’t want to be in the northern equivalent of where I am now. Poop, the house was so beautiful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2019, 01:45 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattawampusfiddlesticks View Post
Found my dream house and it’s in templeton. I don’t mind commuting to work but I don’t want a long commute so templeton May be out. I don’t want to be in the northern equivalent of where I am now. Poop, the house was so beautiful
Templeton is not like where you are now but it's in one of those semi redneck areas. We do have redneck types who hate everyone but the good thing is that they tend to cluster in certain rural areas. I may be off target but when I think of Templeton that's what I think of. Is that near Orange and (whatever other places the most people stay away from? Can't remember, but there are a few towns that are just out there.)

It's in central Mass and if you want to go to Boston a lot, then that's where you'd probably have to live. If you want quality of life, I would still say Westfield and the Mass Pike that goes to Boston has an exit near Westfield--somebody please correct me, but I think it's exit 3, Westfield.

The other road to Boston is rte 2 and it's a bad drive in winter. It's just a regular road, winding around and up and down and it's pretty, but it's slow and you don't want to travel it in bad weather. At least I don't because I have in the past. That's the northern road. The road to the south, the faster and safer road is the Mass Pike. Mass Pike also connects to Ct to the south and Vermont to the north I-91, which is a major highway like the Mass Pike.

Old 10-27-2019, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Templeton is not like where you are now but it's in one of those semi redneck areas. We do have redneck types who hate everyone but the good thing is that they tend to cluster in certain rural areas. I may be off target but when I think of Templeton that's what I think of. Is that near Orange and (whatever other places the most people stay away from? Can't remember, but there are a few towns that are just out there.)

It's in central Mass and if you want to go to Boston a lot, then that's where you'd probably have to live. If you want quality of life, I would still say Westfield and the Mass Pike that goes to Boston has an exit near Westfield--somebody please correct me, but I think it's exit 3, Westfield.

The other road to Boston is rte 2 and it's a bad drive in winter. It's just a regular road, winding around and up and down and it's pretty, but it's slow and you don't want to travel it in bad weather. At least I don't because I have in the past. That's the northern road. The road to the south, the faster and safer road is the Mass Pike. Mass Pike also connects to Ct to the south and Vermont to the north I-91, which is a major highway like the Mass Pike.
Don’t wanna be around redneck types for sure. I thought templeton would be an equivalent to where I am as in it being far away from shops and nothing to do

Old 10-27-2019, 03:30 PM

23,570 posts, read 18,722,077 times
^Everyone I've met from Templeton is totally fine (small townish, not trashy), but yes it is a bit out of the way. I sense some people here have it mixed up with Winchendon, which yes I would avoid. Other not-so-nice towns near there are Athol, Orange, Gardner...

Old 10-27-2019, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
^Everyone I've met from Templeton is totally fine (small townish, not trashy), but yes it is a bit out of the way. I sense some people here have it mixed up with Winchendon, which yes I would avoid. Other not-so-nice towns near there are Athol, Orange, Gardner...
Pfffftttt the names of yalls towns make me giggle.....we’ve got some weird names too though like wewahitchka

Old 10-27-2019, 04:50 PM

4,629 posts, read 4,898,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
The other road to Boston is rte 2 and it's a bad drive in winter. It's just a regular road, winding around and up and down and it's pretty, but it's slow and you don't want to travel it in bad weather.
Rte 2 from Templeton East is divided

Old 10-28-2019, 03:22 AM

Ok so let’s try to name just cities that’d be good to live in. I’m gonna do research on houses and jobs on the cities y’all list.
Base it on:
Quality of life(jobs, culture, activities, stores and affordability)
Safeness
Anything else you can think of(I had the list in my head but it’s 4am and forgot)
I know y’all said Westfield and Worcester.

Old 10-28-2019, 07:53 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,285,400 times
OP, if you want a local real estate website that has a nice interface, try this New England Coldwell Banker site. I find their interface easy to use and a little nicer than Realtor.com, Trulia, etc. Plus, it won't spam you, unless you want it to. You can watch specific houses and set up searches for the towns you're interested in.

Disclaimer: I have no connection or other interest in this company and used a different realtor for my own home purchase. I just like the interface and find it easy to use, so I used it when I was searching and still use it to keep an eye on the local market (mostly because I am nosy and like to see what comes and goes).

Old 10-28-2019, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizcuit View Post
OP, if you want a local real estate website that has a nice interface, try this New England Coldwell Banker site. I find their interface easy to use and a little nicer than Realtor.com, Trulia, etc. Plus, it won't spam you, unless you want it to. You can watch specific houses and set up searches for the towns you're interested in.

Disclaimer: I have no connection or other interest in this company and used a different realtor for my own home purchase. I just like the interface and find it easy to use, so I used it when I was searching and still use it to keep an eye on the local market (mostly because I am nosy and like to see what comes and goes).
Oh awesome!!! Thank you!!!

Old 10-28-2019, 05:25 PM

7,925 posts, read 7,818,729 times
in terms of remoteness to be honest the most remote areas in the state are actually those close to barre by the Quabbin Reservoir. Those ones are about half an hour away from route to and from the Mass Pike The Pride that we looks like Vermont and there's no cell phone. service. Rt 90 is often called The Pike and that's the fastest way between Eastern and Western Massachusetts route to is it extremely scenic but it's much slower. The pikemight be able to take in 2 hours what will take three and a half on Route 2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts