Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2020, 05:48 PM

4,249 posts, read 3,727,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
The big question is would he really want to play there. I’ve also heard gisele doesn’t like LA and their family and all toms kids are in New England. Philip rivers family of 10 are all in So cal so I really don’t think he would want to leave. I also don’t know about trading an old quarterback for an even older one but it is Tom Brady. I’m not sure if he’s even popular on the west coast either.

That’s my theory though
But they did sell or are selling their Brookline house and bought a house somewhere in the NYC area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2020, 05:54 PM

10,024 posts, read 15,671,828 times
Selling in Chestnut Hill and bought in Connecticut last I heard.

Old 01-07-2020, 06:03 PM

12,169 posts, read 8,021,713 times
The move to CT seems like a business move for TB12. Hes not going to any other team, what team would want Brady in all seriousness? He has 1-2 more years like Ive said.

Old 01-07-2020, 06:09 PM

17,745 posts, read 9,202,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Selling in Chestnut Hill and bought in Connecticut last I heard.
They bought a house in Greenwich, CT - which borders NY and is very close to NYC.

I have a feeling he's done with the Patriots. No idea where he will go, but I don't think he's retiring.

Old 01-07-2020, 06:09 PM

319 posts, read 504,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
Thought I’d put this out there as a change from housing costs and politics

Do you think he’ll stay with the Pats, retire or go to another team?

I really can’t say for sure. If he goes to another team I fear it’s the chargers but it would make sense.
If he retires, I wonder how much further he would go in expanding the TB12 sports therapy center.

If he ends up continuing with another team, they had better have a good Offensive line. A blind side hit would be devastating at his age, well at any age.

Old 01-07-2020, 06:27 PM

12,443 posts, read 9,540,640 times
Well in the past couple of days, Brady, Belichick and Kraft have all expressed a desire for Tom Brady to continue as the Pats' QB. Further, he's been there for almost 20 years, and up until now, Brady hasn't driven a hard bargain in salary negotiations. So with that background, I *think*Brady is most likely to play for the Pats next year. We'll see.

Old 01-07-2020, 06:34 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,549,657 times
I guess the mystery is why he is selling his Brookline house and moved/moving to a suburb close to nyc. I get that people like him have multiple homes but it feels like that means something. Common sense would tell someone that if they bought a new house just outside of NYc they likely aren’t going to play for a football team in LA

Old 01-07-2020, 07:26 PM

24,498 posts, read 17,239,538 times
I would like to see Brady stay and finish out his career with the Pats. I think Peyton Manning lost a bit of his legacy when he went to the Broncos but he did win the Superbowl which was his crowning achievement.

Brady still has a lot of football to play and even though he was on the decline this year his main problem was a weak front line and guys that couldn't get open. After losing Gronk they had no marquee player. Edelman couldn't carry them. There was a hope with Antonio Brown even with his baggage I believe he could have helped the team to win a few more games but that didn't happen.

The thing is will Brady believe Kraft and Belichick when they tell him that things will be better next year, that they will give him the weapons he needs to win the Superbowl.

When it comes to Brady he just can't say "maybe next year" he wants it now and he knows what it takes to get there.

The big question is does Brady think that he can go to another team and have instant success with them or if his best chances are with the Pats?

I don't think the money matters to him but playing at a high level and winning does.

Old 01-07-2020, 07:38 PM

1,899 posts, read 1,405,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Brady still has a lot of football to play
define “a lot”

Old 01-07-2020, 07:39 PM

12,169 posts, read 8,021,713 times
Keep in mind his house is $45 million, and he put it on the market over the summer. Those big boston mansions can take 2+ years to sell. So he probably plans to be completely removed from Boston when he retires, when he is 45.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts