Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2020, 03:14 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,269,032 times

Advertisements

When you’re married to a supermodel worth $400 million and you have a hundred million or two of your own, the salary thing is all about ego. It’s not like a few million one way or the other is going to change their lives. Assuming the Patriots don’t make an ego-bruising lowball offer, I think it’s more about whether the Patriots bring in enough talent to have a viable offense. The OL was lousy. Sony Michel gets no yards after contact. No stud tight end. The receivers are slow and don’t get open. Harry certainly didn’t play like a #1 draft pick. AB and Gordon, the two fast guys, were both released.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2020, 05:49 AM

2,674 posts, read 1,549,657 times
I heard he wants a multi contract deal and it doesn’t sound like the patriots can easily offer that. I get it, he’s Tom Brady but at this point even he has to be realistic at 42. Age is just a number but he’s well over the threshold. He could get a multi contract deal from another team though.

Old 01-13-2020, 05:51 AM

3,176 posts, read 3,699,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
I heard he wants a multi contract deal and it doesn’t sound like the patriots can easily offer that. I get it, he’s Tom Brady but at this point even he has to be realistic at 42. Age is just a number but he’s well over the threshold. He could get a multi contract deal from another team though.
No team is going to sign a 42 year old to a multi year deal. It sounds like he's trying to be forced into retirement.

Old 01-13-2020, 12:57 PM

8,545 posts, read 14,030,644 times
Quote:
As PT Barnum used to say . . . there's a sucker born every minute.

Old 01-14-2020, 09:31 AM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mas...tputType%3Damp

Old 01-29-2020, 10:07 AM

Anyone have any other ideas? It seems Philip rivers is leaving the chargers. Also Brady was in Las Vegas recently seen talking to raiders owner so that has rumors flying. I just can’t believe all the speculation. I also can’t believe he would change teams after being with the same one for 20 years at the age of 43.

I still the NFL does what it can to make money and get attention and this could be one of those moves.

Old 01-29-2020, 10:24 AM

3,808 posts, read 3,142,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dm84 View Post
No team is going to sign a 42 year old to a multi year deal. It sounds like he's trying to be forced into retirement.
Unless the intent is rooted in marketing. I could see the Chargers signing him as a replacement for their current old (and objectively worse) QB to drum up interest, which is otherwise lacking. NFL is a business after all.

Old 01-29-2020, 10:37 AM

But why would he want to play for sub par team like the chargers? They barely have relevancy in the NFL. Why would the GOAT want to play for a team that has no fanbase, has trouble selling tickets and attracting fans. They don’t even seem established seeing how they just moved from San Diego to LA and they had a crappy year. They did ok last year but so what? They have mostly done poorly and I’m tired of hearing about their talent. Id you’re not winning then who cares.

To me it seems like having an A list celebrity star in B list or lifetime movie. I can see why the chargers would want him or why the nfl would want him there to maybe bring in more interest to that market but nothing is guaranteed. Is Tom brady really going to make more people turn on the tv when they didn’t before? Or buy a ticket in the new stadium? And this would last a year or two given his age. I’m just shocked that it’s being talked about so much. I feel like Tom would be cheating on the patriots with the chargers if he does this. It feels like it would be him cheating on Gisele with Jenny McCarthy or something. Damn.

Old 01-29-2020, 10:43 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Charges have a better roster than the Pats right now. They could also fire their coach and bring in McDaniels.

And, because LA would be a perfect place to sell TB12. And, G would feel among her people in LA.

Old 01-29-2020, 10:59 AM

1,362 posts, read 874,612 times
Quote:
But why would he want to play for sub par team like the chargers? They barely have relevancy in the NFL. Why would the GOAT want to play for a team that has no fanbase, has trouble selling tickets and attracting fans. They don’t even seem established seeing how they just moved from San Diego to LA and they had a crappy year. They did ok last year but so what? They have mostly done poorly and I’m tired of hearing about their talent. Id you’re not winning then who cares.

To me it seems like having an A list celebrity star in B list or lifetime movie. I can see why the chargers would want him or why the nfl would want him there to maybe bring in more interest to that market but nothing is guaranteed. Is Tom brady really going to make more people turn on the tv when they didn’t before? Or buy a ticket in the new stadium? And this would last a year or two given his age. I’m just shocked that it’s being talked about so much. I feel like Tom would be cheating on the patriots with the chargers if he does this. It feels like it would be him cheating on Gisele with Jenny McCarthy or something. Damn.
First off, no one would cheat on Gisele with Jenny McCarthy.

Second, yes, Tom Brady would energize that football base if he performed well, and that would be a boon to the NFL. I see his TB12 brand getting a boost from extra exposure in SoCal, and Gisele would probably take LA over Boston ten days out of ten.

But my money is on him staying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts