Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2020, 03:59 PM

64 posts, read 101,471 times

Advertisements

MANY MANY years ago we stopped in the Hadley Christmas Tree Shop each winter when visiting family that lived at that time near Hadley.

I am wondering if anyone remembers the Hadley Christmas Tree Shop, it was in a small shopping center with a pet store and a flower shop and a soda fountain if I recall correctly.

Is the Hadley Christmas Tree Shop still open?? No sign of it on the internet searches...
Many thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2020, 05:53 PM

10,008 posts, read 15,656,467 times
The "Christmas Tree Shops" are a chain store originally started on Cape Cod, now all over the place. There isn't one currently in Hadley, closest would be Holyoke.

Old 02-22-2020, 06:06 PM

you don't remember it then, it was family owned, decades before chain stores and malls were around.

the last time I was there it was the day Thurman Munson was killed in a plane crash, rocking the sports world.

Old 02-22-2020, 06:23 PM

from George in a PM,

" Northernborn the hadley christmas tree barn closed years ago as did the small stores in the farms. That was called Hadley Farms and World Children Org is in that building now. It is at 41 Russell St, Hadley, MA 01035. WE miss it to"

THANK YOU GEORGE!!

Old 02-23-2020, 07:35 AM

7,920 posts, read 7,810,469 times
Maybe you wanted Yankee candle. The Deerfield store is practically Disney world now

Old 02-23-2020, 09:12 PM

319 posts, read 504,345 times
I remember that place when I was in graduate school at UMass. I lived in Amherst for 3 years, then Hadley for 2 years then Northampton for 2 years. My time living in Hadley was some of the best.

The store was called the Christmas Tree Barn. It was in a small plaza right of RTE 9 in a plaza caed the Hadley Village Barn shops. This was in the same plaza as Riverbend Animal Hospital.

The name of the store was Christmas Tree Barn.

They went out of business sometime after the RTE 9 widening project started picking up when they started doing work on rebuilding and widening the RTE 9 bridge over the CT river to get to Northampton.

The Christmas Tree Barn was an independently owned place.

There is a Christmas Tree Shop (the National chain) in the Holyoke Mall and the Yankee Candle is in Deerfield and not in Hadley. The scary part of that Yankee Candle factory in Deerfield was you could smell the very strong scent of various candles as you drove by with the windows closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts